Android Turn-Based Retro Medieval RPG *Demo|Android|Windows*

Turn-Based Retro Medieval RPG
_+_ Alpha Release now on Android and Windows _+_

Introduction
Hello everyone. I have been working on this game on and off for around four years now, but I have made most of my progress in the past couple of years. I started the prototype to this game back when I heard that GameMaker will be able to export to Android (back when GameMaker 8.1 was still the newest version). This will eventually be my first completed game, but it's still in development. Graphics, gameplay, and game mechanics may change some. There is a demo version of the game available for both Android and Windows. If you want to play the Windows version, you need to use the NUM KEYS for the controls. Most of the core game mechanics are completed. The 3 main areas that still need to be finished are: World Map, more monsters, and adding quests.

Screenshots

Storyline
Medieval RPG (working title) is a Turn-base Retro RPG game set in the medieval time period. Create a character and travel and discover in an open vast world full of towns, castles, forests, mountains, lakes, and underground dungeons. It's dangerous to go alone, so hire companions to help you reign victoriously as you fight creatures along your journey, defeating a wide variety of monsters with swords, bows, and magical spells. Equip items gained from battles, use potions to regain health and magic, and buy and sell items from local shops, as you and your companions have your own combat level, experience, stats, and equipment to manage. More storyline details will be added as the game develops.

Feedback
I welcome all of your feedback about this game. What you like, dislike, and any ideas that you might have that could improve the game. Did you play the Android version? If so, did you have any issues playing it on your phone? Thank you in advance for all feedback, suggestions and ideas!

Download Game
http://taepkestudios.com/
NOTE: If you want to play the Windows version, you need to use the NUM KEYS for the controls.

Game Features
  • Turned-based random battle system
  • 3 Player classes: Archer, Knight, and Wizard
  • Upgrade your stats with 100 levels of combat
  • Hire companions to defeat your foes
  • 100+ Armor, Weapon, & Potion Items
  • 20 inventory slots per character
  • 10+ Unique Monsters
  • Higher rewards as you fight harder enemies
  • 11 tier levels of armor and weapons for each class
  • 25+ healing and damage spells
  • Towns, wilderness, and dungeons to explore
  • Buy & Sell weapons, armor, and potions at shops
  • View stats of every action you make

Road Map
  • Design World Map
  • 50+ Monsters
  • 400+ In-game Items
  • Necklace and Rings items to boost stats
  • A variety of colors to choose for each class
  • Mini-map
  • Quests
  • Online High scores
  • Online Achievements
  • Music
  • Launched on Google Play & the App Store

Latest Updates
  • 3/17/2019 - RPG_3_9_6_7 - First Alpha build Release!

Last edited:

woodsmoke

Woah that's a lot of features in your game. The graphics are very simple but give the game an inviting, cozy look. Also simple icon-like graphics are good for the readability of a game.

M

mamacato

Hey, I tried your game on android. I couldn't even defeat one foe. I attacked a bat for 5 turns before I died. I had no gold either so I couldn't hire that guy in town or level up my equipment. So... What's up with that? ^^;

Bearman_18

Fruit Stand Deadbeat
I have to tell you, I got this game, and I'm seriously enjoying it! I'm not sure why, but after sinking a couple hours, my archer is level 26. One thing I'm really liking is the way you gain XP just by hitting enemies. I might suggest making so that, even if you miss, you get 1 XP. Reason being, I don't want to have to waste money on a 1 strength item for a weak ally. Also, aren't healing items a little too rare and overpriced? Nice game, man. Looking forward to seeing how it goes.

-Edit @mamacato I'm guessing you started as a knight, which is a near suicidal endeavor. I started as an archer, so I could avoid enemies while pegging them. You just have to save and wait for the RNG to give you some weak enemies. Bats are pretty strong.

M

mamacato

I have to tell you, I got this game, and I'm seriously enjoying it! I'm not sure why, but after sinking a couple hours, my archer is level 26. One thing I'm really liking is the way you gain XP just by hitting enemies. I might suggest making so that, even if you miss, you get 1 XP. Reason being, I don't want to have to waste money on a 1 strength item for a weak ally. Also, aren't healing items a little too rare and overpriced? Nice game, man. Looking forward to seeing how it goes.

-Edit @mamacato I'm guessing you started as a knight, which is a near suicidal endeavor. I started as an archer, so I could avoid enemies while pegging them. You just have to save and wait for the RNG to give you some weak enemies. Bats are pretty strong.
I tried wizard and archer only. Maybe I'm just bad at the game!