OFFICIAL GMS2 Version 2.2.2 (BETA RELEASE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Darkside

Using Beta IDE v2.2.2.401 and Beta Runtime v2.2.2.314 Linux builds compile but won't run.

When executing the game on a linux machine I get the error "error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Versions created with an older version of GMS:2 still works, but I've tried to revert the IDE/runtime to older versions and can't seem to find one that works now. This is now the second time that releases of my game to the public are delayed because of "updates". Are you aware of the issue and when will it be resolved?

Using Beta IDE v2.2.2.401 and Beta Runtime v2.2.2.314 Linux builds compile but won't run.

When executing the game on a linux machine I get the error "error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Versions created with an older version of GMS:2 still works, but I've tried to revert the IDE/runtime to older versions and can't seem to find one that works now. This is now the second time that releases of my game to the public are delayed because of "updates". Are you aware of the issue and when will it be resolved?
Not sure if it's available for Linux or not, but there is newer beta release than the one you're presently using.

And on that note... Beta 5 (IDE v2.2.2.406 with Runtime v2.2.2.320) is rolling-out now, so you should be prompted to update in the not-too-distant future.

R

Rukiri

Anyone else stuck on the start page?
Also, why is the start page full screen? And if you minimize you can not see any UI at all...

jonjons

Doesn't need to be special - reproduce it in a small project and report it, they all count!
it really is nothing special
ok... how iam going to reproduce this

- expanding the room layers window
- minimizing tiles proprerties, and room proprities
- open a web page go to the internet
- now going back to gm2 the room properties section wont expand
- the only solution is to reset the layout

[edit] ok iam getting confused i know what it is... its not a bug:)

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.

That issue was fixed for Ubuntu 18 quite a while ago. Have you tried cleaning the project cache after installing the new version? Especially if rolling back to a version you believe worked before no longer works, this alone might be the fix.

gnysek

That issue was fixed for Ubuntu 18 quite a while ago. Have you tried cleaning the project cache after installing the new version? Especially if rolling back to a version you believe worked before no longer works, this alone might be the fix.
It would be a good idea, if project caches got saved IDE/RUNTIME version, so if somebody switch them, all cache is forced to clean and regenerate (clean/removing all files is important here), and then compile it again. Also, I even think that it should be forced at least once per month that all caches are cleared, so "old" unused projects are wiped out from disk, and will be regenerated on first run next time.

For example, I have about 30 directories under AppData\GameMakerStudio2 which "last modification" time is 2017... They use 500MB. And I didn't touched those projects (mainly short tests, or copies of bigger ones also for tests) for 2 years. So some kind of auto-cleaning would be a nice addition to GMS2. I know you don't have enough people to do it, but that would help some less experienced people from reporting false bugs.

jonjons

Now I am intrigued... What is it then?

Sorry, can you explain this one a bit more? A screenshot would be handy.
Its nothing ive made a mistake instead of pressing the small arrow to maximize / minimize the properties room i was pressing the title window ( Properties - room_a10 )

rIKmAN

It would be a good idea, if project caches got saved IDE/RUNTIME version, so if somebody switch them, all cache is forced to clean and regenerate (clean/removing all files is important here), and then compile it again. Also, I even think that it should be forced at least once per month that all caches are cleared, so "old" unused projects are wiped out from disk, and will be regenerated on first run next time.

For example, I have about 30 directories under AppData\GameMakerStudio2 which "last modification" time is 2017... They use 500MB. And I didn't touched those projects (mainly short tests, or copies of bigger ones also for tests) for 2 years. So some kind of auto-cleaning would be a nice addition to GMS2. I know you don't have enough people to do it, but that would help some less experienced people from reporting false bugs.
Go to File > Preferences > General > Paths and tick the 3 boxes the delete the caches every time the IDE is closed.

T

TitanAnteus

So I'm guessing that release window of Q1 2019 is looking impossible?

pipebkOT

So I'm guessing that release window of Q1 2019 is looking impossible?
Q1 ends on 31 of this month, so there is still time to them to release the stable build

and today according to gms updates bot in twitter(not a official yoyogames account though), the beta ide 2.2.2.412 and beta runtime 2.2.2.325 is out, so progress has been made

though they haven't updated the beta release notes to include the new version

Last edited:

rmanthorp

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.
Beta 2.2.2.412 IDE and 2.2.2.325 Runtime are now live, they are largely unchanged from the previous version. This was mostly the fix a licencing issue that was preventing people from stating the beta version in the past. Thanks!

Andrey

Beta 2.2.2.412 IDE and 2.2.2.325 Runtime are now live, they are largely unchanged from the previous version. This was mostly the fix a licencing issue that was preventing people from stating the beta version in the past. Thanks!
Great work, guys! Thank you!

P

psyke

Just curious, why in the newer versions of GMS2 it creates a "data.win" file when building with YYC for Windows?
In previous versions of 2.1.4 it created a single executable, but now this was changed, why?

Thanks.

P

psyke

Packing everything into single executables is forbidden now by antivirus softwares. Thus, no more.
So, making a SFX archive in WinRAR is forbidden as well?
And yeah... Where did you get that info?

I'm not seeing any further explanation on this from the Devs, I looked at the change log, the only thing it says is this:
yyc.png

Am I missing something here?
If this was changed to "fix" something that was happening with large projects, wouldn't it be better if you guys could just fix the problem instead of removing the feature? Again?? (Like when you did it with the Double Click thing in the Event editor, forcing users to double click the events to open it, just to fix a issue that was happening with some users).

Bruchpilot

Why do you think so? Any proofs/info links?
And yeah... Where did you get that info?
The "pack everything into an exe" thing was UPX, and it was removed, because it created false positives with antivirus softwares, as the stuff it does looks exactly like what a virus does usually.

YellowAfterlife once made a more elaborate posting about it:
https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/included-files-in-the-executable.54783/#post-334344

P

psyke

The "pack everything into an exe" thing was UPX, and it was removed, because it created false positives with antivirus softwares, as the stuff it does looks exactly like what a virus does usually.

YellowAfterlife once made a more elaborate posting about it:
https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/included-files-in-the-executable.54783/#post-334344
No, this is not the same thing, I'm not talking about "pack everything into an exe" option that was removed, I'm talking about the YYC compiler that didn't had a "data.win" file when compiled.

I doubt it GMS2 used UPX on YYC since there is no "UPX" in GMS2 folder (but I could be wrong).
Maybe we should wait for a staff to clear this up for us.

jonjons

Is there a chance GM could implement a tile layer that could use diferent tile sheets, without replacing the already existing tiles in the room, like in the old gm 1.4... I mean unreal eng, unity they all do this... When making a game on tilesets you can really fell the need for this option... And sometimes its frustrating trying to avoid to add more layers or copy already eixsting tiles from one sheet to another just to add a simple door or a pipe, antenna, etc.. I used to have all my tile sheets seperated ( interiors, exteriors, doors, posters ), then just mixed them up in the levels...

I wouldnt be necessary the rewrite, or change the already existing tile option in the room editor, if is related to preformance problems, you could add a new option in the button (create a new tile layer), that would pop up 2 icons, by being pressed with the mouse button, or right mouse click.

Vallo92

After updating GM to the latest Beta version, I can no longer start it. I try to run the application, but it doesn't open.
Has it happened to you too? How can I solve it?

T

TitanAnteus

I cannot change slot alpha values no matter what i do.
The default is for the slot i'm trying to change is .35

It's a slot for flushed face for an angry character.

The function skeleton_slot_alpha_get exists so I thought I'd just use skeleton_slot_alpha_set
sadly that second function does not exist.

Well.. no skin off my back there's one more function that could work!

skeleton_slot_colour_set(slot, colour, alpha);
unfortunately, this function does not work.

I can get the alpha number from skeleton_slot_alpha_get but it is quite impossible for skeleton_slot_colour_set to do anything. I believe the function doesn't work.

On an unrelated note skeleton_slot_colour_get gets me a huge number but it at least works.

On a more related note, the slot was created inside of Spine not GM.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Darkside

So the latest runtime and IDE did fix the build issues. NOW can't run the game on Ubuntu. This is the error I get when running on Ubuntu:

error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I contacted support over 10 days ago and have not received a response. Does anyone have ideas/solutions? I really need to get a release to my customers, it is months overdue because of all these issues.

Again, the last version I release (not sure exactly what IDE/runtime combination it was built on works). Does anyone know if there is a runtime version that for sure still works with Linux builds in the latest IDE version? I would be forever thankful for an answer to that.

ricardo1996

Am i the only one that's having high gpu left over time on android export? im using the latest IDE and Runtime. i tested it with a empty project only with show_debug_overlay in room creation code

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Am i the only one that's having high gpu left over time on android export? im using the latest IDE and Runtime. i tested it with a empty project only with show_debug_overlay in room creation code
What makes this worth pointing out? That's like refueling your car, not driving it at all and then wondering why it's still full the next day. :p

"left over time" means time that's spent not doing anything.

I

immortalx

Guys are there any plans for a 2.2.3 beta? I can see that one of the most serious bugs (Windows deadlock issue) is believed to be fixed. So, let us test it for you :p

Status
Not open for further replies.