• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM tile_layer_hide and tile_layer_show

Hey all, quick question about how I am doing something. I am currently trying to animate some tiles in a background, so I have a two layers that I am stacking my frames of animation. I then have an object that basically cycles through tile_layer_hide and tile_layer_show for the top most of the layers.

It seems to work well, no performance issues I can detect.

My question is: Is there any problem with doing it this way I am not aware of?

Like hidden performance issues, compatibility issues, etc... Or maybe there is just a better way to do it.

Thanks!

Well, I am not marking as 'solved', but I have been using this method now for a few days of dev - added some more toggling layers as well and all seems well. So, unless I hear otherwise - it seems like a legit solution.