Team Request More needed for Warheader

• Thread starter Deleted member 16767
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16767

What is Warheader?
If you want a basic description of it, head over to my steam page at: https://store.steampowered.com/app/786020/Warhead/

Gif screenshot demonstrates alpha state of the melee knockdown.

Warheader is a survival top-down action rpg in a fantasy setting about an exile -- promised a fortune, in return that he loses his memories and become a servant of Ignis the Shaper.

Ignis puts an overmind skull on the player, so that he can watch every move he makes, while the player makes Ignis´s wishes come true. The skull can not be taken off until he has fulfilled his promises to Ignis, which is to kill the warlord Lagas that is on a head hunt on all the Shapers.

On the players quest, he is given godly powers to summon towers (and more to come...).

In-game features:
Building.
Open World Enemy AI with alert sensors.
Eat food to stay alive.
Life and life regen.
Bullet missiles.
Mouse movement that we love in pc arpgs.
Day / night with BGM transcension.
Lighting.
Quests to kill.
Food crafting.
Harvesting resources.
Gold coins.
AI Recruits.
Melee combat.
Energy regen.
Settlements.
Loot drops.
Story.
Different weapons do different things.
Mission board and campaign table.
GPU Shadows.
Shaders.

Planned features:
Survival with water supply.
More in-depth combat.
Gem mining and mini game crafting.

Roles needed and responsibilities.

#1 Network Programmer. A lobby based host/join server where the player hosts the server and other players can join his server, and server-side code so that the players can see eachother.
#2 Game Maker Studio 2 Programmer. Anything we collaborate on to make. Right now I'd need someone to make the stats for the items with my code.
#3 Story Writer. Write the world for the game.
#4 2D Artists. Draw art for the game (just static will do).

Compensation.

Enjoyment in working on a game and your credits in the game.

Risk.

This game might never see the day. It is a risk.

You can play the game here: https://gamejolt.com/games/warheader/399180

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 16767

You planning on making the server in GML or in other language? I've done lots of networking in GML.
GML. But I need more than the server. I need everyone to be able to see eachother and what is going on.

D

Deleted member 16767

Bump. Need network programmer, game programmer and story writer/dialogue writer.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 16767

Need 2d artists. How we go forward with the art direction depends entirely on the artists. If you rather do portraits and backgrounds, then we won't have to do interior tilesets. Warhead needs hand painted art. The game is free to play.

D

Deleted member 16767

I need a Game Maker Studio 2 Programmer. Anything we collaborate on to make. Right now I'd need someone to make the stats for the items with my code.

Joe Ellis

The way that you keep posting looks really desperate and no one with any sense is gonna work with you, I'd make a new thread, and maybe spend a month or so revising your whole game plan and make it look more worth spending time working on

D

Deleted member 16767

The way that you keep posting looks really desperate and no one with any sense is gonna work with you, I'd make a new thread, and maybe spend a month or so revising your whole game plan and make it look more worth spending time working on
I'm posting here so that people know that I am serious about this project. I wouldn't describe it as desperate, since I am not spamming my own topic every day. I don't know what you mean by revise my game plan, could you maybe give some feedback? I'd love to get some feedback.

Joe Ellis

I'm posting here so that people know that I am serious about this project. I wouldn't describe it as desperate, since I am not spamming my own topic every day. I don't know what you mean by revise my game plan, could you maybe give some feedback? I'd love to get some feedback.
Sorry, I don't know why I wrote that, I was abit drunk and it was really late and I was falling asleep. I think I'd missed the point that this is a thread for getting collaborators and I thought it was the main game thread, so I think that's why I thought it didn't seem very appealing to someone working with you, cus it looked like the game wasn't progressing at all. Yeah that's what I meant by it seeming desperate.. not you seeming desperate, but the kind of situation of the game. But its all cus I was being stupid and missed the point of the thread, sorry.

The game looks really good so far, I like the graphic style and it looks nice to play, it'll be good to see when there's more enemies and fighting and stuff. Good with it and finding collaborators. If you want I can edit my stupid post out