• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Details about scripts [Solved]

H

Hosein_namju

How Can i Get an script address in Stack (Recursive mode) i need that address for a function call. i need to run Scripts in stack out of priority for an specific Algorithm. [Stack Is Assential]

Last edited by a moderator:

chamaeleon

How Can i Get an script address in Stack (Recursive mode) i need that address for a function call. i need to run Scripts in stack out of priority for an specific Algorithm. [Stack Is Assential]
Scripts don't have "addresses", but they do have their ids, which is simply the name of your script without parenthesis. Store that id in any data structure you need, and call it using script_execute() along with its parameters.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
I've been studying computer science for a decade, and except for buffer overflow attacks, not one algorithm I studied accesses the call stack out of order.

Perhaps you should post what algorithm you mean and put it up for discussion. My bet is that there is an alternative that doesn't need to bend the call stack. It is all too common for novice coders to try imagining new rules to suit an uninformed design, instead of crafting an informed design to suit existing rules.

H

Hosein_namju

I've been studying computer science for a decade, and except for buffer overflow attacks, not one algorithm I studied accesses the call stack out of order.

Perhaps you should post what algorithm you mean and put it up for discussion. My bet is that there is an alternative that doesn't need to bend the call stack. It is all too common for novice coders to try imagining new rules to suit an uninformed design, instead of crafting an informed design to suit existing rules.
Hi there, An stack In that Algorithm is Essential, and there is no specific name for that, cuz its my own algorithm, i can implement it in c++, but gml is limmited:(

Give us more information on what it is trying to do. As Frosty said, it's likely you are overcomplicating things (also, I doubt the algorithm doesn't have a name, it's far more likely that what you are trying to do has already been tried by computer scientists before, has a name, and you simply don't know it).