• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Setting fullscreen just disables border

G

GrandFree

GMS2v: 2.2.1.291

Having a really strange issue that came out of nowhere after not using GMS2 for about a month (no updates).

When I set my game to fullscreen, it just gets rid of the border on the window but it doesn't actually stretch the game window to the full screen.

I can change the size of the window manually but that's it.

I tried ALT + Enter, manually calling window_set_fullscreen(), none of those attempts work.

What's going on?

Window size: 1040x807px
Fullscreen size: 1026x800px
Logical room size: 1024x768px

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GrandFree

It's still happening.

IDE Version: 2.2.3.436
Current Runtime: 2.2.3.344

pipebkOT

@GrandFree

actually it's a windows10 update 1903 problem. I have the same problem in "non game maker studio " games like shovelknight, the task bar is always there, fullscreen or not.

it's part of windows new "fullscreen optimizations"

but some games like League of legends can run in true fullscreen somehow

Last edited:
G

GrandFree

You are quite a few versions behind, so update and try again.
Nope, check my latest post from July 14th:
IDE Version: 2.2.3.436
Current Runtime: 2.2.3.344
@GrandFree

actually it's a windows10 update 1903 problem. I have the same problem in "non game maker studio " games like shovelknight, the task bar is always there, fullscreen or not.

it's part of windows new "fullscreen optimizations"

but some games like League of legends can run in true fullscreen somehow
I'm not sure what you mean. By taskbar do you mean the Windows 10 taskbar at the bottom of the desktop? I'm talking about the Window border around the Window: When I put the game in fullscreen it doesn't go in fullscreen but the window border disappears.

G

GrandFree

enable "start fullscreen"
When I do this, it starts with the Window border disappeared, and also the actual Window size itself is even smaller.

Toggling fullscreen on/off puts the Window size back to normal, but it shows the same symptoms again: just disables/enables the Window border, never actually puts the game in fullscreen.

Are you sure a Windows update is the cause of this? Because I have yet to find anyone else reporting this for GameMaker games.

Absolutely frustrated that I can't get this solved months later.