• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM [SOLVED]GameAnalytics Checking for Impressions and Clicks

N

nicoltoons

Hello! So I have this issue measuring clicks and impressions with game analytics.
I get my data from an external json file ie name of company and url

I have a button that opens the url but I want to use gameanalytics to know when a user clicks the button to open the url
According to the documentation, the script I need is ga_addDesignEvent()
I have been trying to interprete this script :

This is the script
///ga_addDesignEvent(eventId:string, ?value:number)
if(argument_count == 1)
{
addDesignEvent(argument[0]);
}
else if(argument_count == 2)
{
addDesignEventWithValue(argument[0], argument[1]);
}

matharoo

manualman
GameMaker Dev.
You can use ga_addDesignEvent("event_name") and it should register on the site. It should show up under the design events after at least one event of the type is sent, but it may take a couple days to update.

N

nicoltoons

@matharoo it hasn't thrown an error (for the first time today!) but it says the Variable index is out of range. That's a problem with my loop.

matharoo

manualman
GameMaker Dev.
It means that the index that you're trying to access in the array is out of its range. For example, the array can have 3 elements and you might be trying to access the 4th, which doesn't exist.