• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM Best way to implement animated backgrounds

curato

GM 2 has some abilities to just drop sprite animation in but in GM 1.4 you make just need to an object with the sprite set the animation speed in the create event. I am not sure how else to do that with GM 1.4.

GM 2 has some abilities to just drop sprite animation in but in GM 1.4 you make just need to an object with the sprite set the animation speed in the create event. I am not sure how else to do that with GM 1.4.
Okay, I do have a concern. Could animating a background this size cause the frame rate to drop?

curato

Yes if you are doing a large one it could depending on what else is going on. Breaking that up in to smaller moving parts would likely help a lot if you are having issues with one big picture.