• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Does Macintosh export work anymore in GMS 1.4?

bsabiston

I'm trying to export a new update for my old game, using GMS 1.4.999. I was able to do it for iOS by using XCode 9. But the mac version gives me all kinds of compile errors. Does anyone know how or why these happen?

: "_ASN1_get_object", referenced from:
: "_BIO_free", referenced from:
: "_BIO_new", referenced from:
: "_BIO_s_mem", referenced from:
: "_CVDisplayLinkCreateWithCGDisplay", referenced from:
: "_CVDisplayLinkGetActualOutputVideoRefreshPeriod", referenced from:
: "_CVDisplayLinkSetCurrentCGDisplay", referenced from:
: "_CVDisplayLinkSetOutputCallback", referenced from:
: "_CVDisplayLinkStart", referenced from:
: "_ERR_load_PKCS7_strings", referenced from:
: "_ERR_load_X509_strings", referenced from:
: "_OBJ_obj2nid", referenced from:
: "_OPENSSL_init_crypto", referenced from:
: "_PKCS7_free", referenced from:
: "_PKCS7_verify", referenced from:
: "_SHA1", referenced from:
: "_X509_STORE_add_cert", referenced from:
: "_X509_STORE_free", referenced from:
: "_X509_STORE_new", referenced from:
: "_X509_free", referenced from:
: "_d2i_PKCS7_fp", referenced from:
: "_d2i_X509", referenced from:
: Linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Given the number of cryptography-related errors, I suspect that the development certificates have fallen out of sync or gone bad since the last time you tried. Check or redo your settings on that front.

bsabiston

Thanks but I don't think that's it -- all those errors pop up in XCode without even attempting to compile, which is where certificate errors usually show up. Also things like CVDisplayLinke are just basic mac OS things.

Just to make sure, I redid all of my certificates and profiles, but I still get the same errors.
Has anyone used GMS 1.4 lately to make a Macintosh version?

Last edited:

SnoutUp

Nobody does this anymore I guess.
I feel you. I was masochistically creating Linux and OSX builds for my games a few years ago and it was impossible to get support for all kinds of issues that were popping up. Couldn't get OSX builds past OS security, no matter what certificate juggling I tried. So I stopped doing that... I guess what I'm trying to say, best of luck!

Kenshiro

I feel you. I was masochistically creating Linux and OSX builds for my games a few years ago and it was impossible to get support for all kinds of issues that were popping up. Couldn't get OSX builds past OS security, no matter what certificate juggling I tried. So I stopped doing that... I guess what I'm trying to say, best of luck!
FYI, on GNU/Linux you're better off sending the Windows build to the users and having them run the game through Wine.
Not being sarcastic, it works fantastically nowadays. All my Windows builds ran just fine by double clicking the .exe binary on GNU/Linux. For comparison, GMS' own export module couldn't even remove the "Made with GMS" splash screen.