• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Game shows white screen before closing. Runner.exe exited withnon-zero status.

J

Jamie McLachlan

I'm just getting started learning GMS 2 but have been unable due to this problem. I will try and include all relevant information but please tell me if I have missed anything.
I am using the Farming RPG tutorial that is on the Learn tab of the main website. At the moment I have just got to instances of a white square on a room with no programming behind it. Whenever I press play a new window will appear that is all white. This window will then disappear and the error message 'Runner.exe exited with non-zero status (-1073741819)' will appear . I have followed the tutorial exactly. I have tried restarting the program, restarting my computer, re-doing everything and reinstalling GameMaker but nothing has worked.
If anyone has any ideas I'd be very grateful.
Thanks.

rIKmAN

I'm just getting started learning GMS 2 but have been unable due to this problem. I will try and include all relevant information but please tell me if I have missed anything.
I am using the Farming RPG tutorial that is on the Learn tab of the main website. At the moment I have just got to instances of a white square on a room with no programming behind it. Whenever I press play a new window will appear that is all white. This window will then disappear and the error message 'Runner.exe exited with non-zero status (-1073741819)' will appear . I have followed the tutorial exactly. I have tried restarting the program, restarting my computer, re-doing everything and reinstalling GameMaker but nothing has worked.
If anyone has any ideas I'd be very grateful.
Thanks.
Does this also happen if you create a fresh project and try to compile an empty room with nothing in it?

What version of GMS2 are you using?

J

Jamie McLachlan

Yes it does.
I am running IDE: v2.2.1.375 Runtime:v2.2.1.287