• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows Escape Herald's Dungeon

MVBV

Escape Herald's Dungeon is an Adventure Platformer using simple graphics and mechanics.

Download:
https://mvbv.itch.io/escape-heralds-dungeon

Summary:
You've fallen into Herald's Dungeon and now must find your way out of it! Find secrets, slay monsters and avoid traps to survive!
The game includes a Speedrun mode, you'll be able to track your time.
It also includes a Vegan mode so you'll replenish your health with a watermelon instead of chicken.

CONTROLS:
Keyboard:

Arrows to move;
Z to Run;
X to Attack;
A and S to change your armor;
Enter to Pause;

You can use a controller, I'll use the Xbox controller as a base, but you can use other controllers.

Controller:
D-Pad/Left Analogue Stick
to Move;
A (XBOX controller) to Attack;
X (XBOX controller) to Run;
LB and RB (XBOX Controller) to Change your armor;
Start to Pause;

This is my first game, so it's possible that you'll find some glitches, feel free to notify me about it :))

Pic1.png Pic2.png Pic3.png Pic4.png Pic5.png

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mamacato

Looks fun! But is there a link for the download?

I like the colour scheme. I'm also wondering why the big enemy is blown-up. 1pixel = 4pixels type of thing. Know what I mean? Looks weird to me. Not the first time I've seen this done. Dink Smallwood used to have that too.

Last edited:

MVBV

Looks fun! But is there a link for the download?

I like the colour scheme. I'm also wondering why the big enemy is blow-up. 1pixel = 4pixels type of thing. Know what I mean? Looks weird to me. Not the first time I've seen this done. Dink Snallwood used to have that too.
This is so weird! I remember putting the link... anyway, you can download it here: https://mvbv.itch.io/escape-heralds-dungeon

The thing about the enemy is that I chose to use a "cubic" style, there's not many round things in the game, it's a weird choice, I know

B

Bayesian

You may want to adjust the size of the screenshots in the OP so people don't have to click them. I almost missed them because I thought they were your signature