• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Renaming objects makes all changes lost

D1Project

Hi,

I just renamed an object and lost a whole morning of work.
When I reopened the object, the codes were back to the previous codes.
Is there anything that can be done here?

Thanks

I

immortalx

When you rename an object in the resource tree you have to manually rename all references of it in code. It's not done automatically. If that's what you meant.

D1Project

When you rename an object in the resource tree you have to manually rename all references of it in code. It's not done automatically. If that's what you meant.
This is not the issue I had.
I duplicated an object, then made modifications to its create and step events.
But, before running the game to test it, I renamed it (to comply with the project's naming convention).
But renaming it lost all modifications made.
So the game just loaded the codes of the object it was duplicated from.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Where is your project stored? If it's in any folder that's linked to a cloud sync service, move it out of there as soon as possible. Such software may interfere with the way data is saved and loaded, such as blocking write access to the file in question or erroneously assuming that a file was first deleted and then later restored, restoring the last synced version in the process.

D1Project

Where is your project stored? If it's in any folder that's linked to a cloud sync service, move it out of there as soon as possible. Such software may interfere with the way data is saved and loaded, such as blocking write access to the file in question or erroneously assuming that a file was first deleted and then later restored, restoring the last synced version in the process.
Ok, thank you.
I will do this then.

Wasn't this supposed to be fixed in the last patch (v2.2.1.375 - Systems for avoiding project-saving issues)?

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
No. To quote the release notes about that change:
Note: Reduces likelihood of issues for users who have agressive antivirus/anti-malware software or still continue to use OneDrive/Dropbox/Google, etc., folders for working on their projects

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
Dont use anything but your C:/ Use a single drive in youre computer, C, usb, when working on your project,
to save BACKUPS of your project use oneDrive/dropbox/google whatever