• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Mail from Google about removing Google+ API

emicarra

Hello, i just got an email from Google saying that they are shutting down Google+ and need me to update my apps so that they no longer use Google+ APIs, and it shows a list of my apps on Play Store that called Google+ method and"plus.people.get" and OAuth "plus.login, plus.me, plus.profile.language.read, plus.moments.write, plus.circles.members.read, plus.profile.agerange.read, plus.circles.members"

How do i remove those APIs from my projects? I'm only using the GooglePlayServices extension to show ads, and use Google Play Games features (achievements, etc)

Thanks

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
My bet is that there are references to Google+ API calls in the Google Play Services extension. Update that extension on all of your affected projects. If it's already the latest version and you're using GMS 2, you should ask for help on the helpdesk citing your email from Google Play.

Bingdom

Googledom
As what FrostyCat has said. Please update your Google play services extension in your affected projects.

The marketplace asset was updated in May last year. I see no description of it saying that it interacts with Google+. I have not tested this version.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
As what FrostyCat has said. Please update your Google play services extension in your affected projects.

The marketplace asset was updated in May last year. I see no description of it saying that it interacts with Google+. I have not tested this version.
If it was last updated May 2018, it could very well contain Google+ interactions and/or API references. Google+'s sunset was announced October 2018, and before then it was bundled with the rest of the Google Play API.

Mert

All my apps use the latest extension and all are listed in the email that Google sent me. It seems like GPGS system uses
plus.login, plus.me, plus.profile.language.read, plus.moments.write, plus.circles.members.read, plus.profile.agerange.read, plus.circles.members

Warspite2

I got this email as well and it is of grave concern. Several of my games are flagged in the email. It seems the ones which don't use leaderboards are in the clear.

J

J_Dev

I received this email too. Then I received a secondary email saying that there may have been a miscommunication. After looking through the extension source code, and looking at my API request on my project I have zero Google+ API request (although an older version of GPS Extension did reference the Google+ API). So I don't believe the GPS Extension is affected. Don't take this as confirmation though. We still need official word from YoYo.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
No official word from YoYo yet, but I have reported this on the Helpdesk and this was their reply:
Thank you for your message.

We have been contacted by other users regarding this issue and our Development Team have checked the source code of our current Google Play Services extension; it does not explicitly offer a Google+ sign-in option however it does have a leftover Google+ profile permission request when cloud saving is enabled.

Investigation and removal of this is now being done.

J

J_Dev

No official word from YoYo yet, but I have reported this on the Helpdesk and this was their reply:
My bad it does indeed have this:

Code:
// Update scopes for cloud saving
mCloudServicesEnabled = RunnerActivity.CurrentActivity.mYYPrefs.getBoolean("YYGoogleCloudSavingEnabled");
if(mCloudServicesEnabled)
{
     optionsBuilder.requestScopes(Drive.SCOPE_APPFOLDER, Plus.SCOPE_PLUS_LOGIN);
     optionsBuilder.requestProfile();
}
Glad they are fixing it. Hopefully the fix will be out before the deadline.