• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Graphics seem too small. Best fix?

R_K1ng

Hello guys

So the graphics in the game seem to be too small. I like the presentation, but sword combat seems like it’ll be an issue as it can only reach when you are very close to the enemy — So close that it looks like they are colliding.

The pixels are 16x16. So what would be the best fix for this? I was gonna try to change the views/resolution(?), but I wanted some opinions from more experienced developers. Sorry if I’m not being very clear, I’m on my break at work and have to go back.

Thanks in advanced

try changing your view resolution to 320x180 and try how it looks because you aren't giving enough information for us to say something, send screenshots maybe?

also, decreasing view size makes your pixels be shown bigger.

R_K1ng

try changing your view resolution to 320x180 and try how it looks because you aren't giving enough information for us to say something, send screenshots maybe?

also, decreasing view size makes your pixels be shown bigger.
Thanks! I’ll try this when I get home and maybe upload some screenshots.

B

Bayesian

You can also make the hit box large, many games do this, it doesn't have to be realistic.

Rob

Those were gonna be my suggestions too - make the swords bigger and/or make the sprites bigger by having your port be twice as big as the view.