• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Quick question: How do you set a configuration to be the default for a specific export?

matharoo

manualman
GameMaker Dev.
Here's what the doc says about it:
It is worth noting that you can have GameMaker Studio 2 automatically apply any given config to any given target platform. This is done by selecting the config you require for that platform from within the Targets Window. Once you have set a configuration to be used in this way, every time you compile to that target, either for testing or to create a final asset package, the configuration will be used.

So, once I select the configurations with their respective exports, it should start associating the correct configurations with their corresponding exports, right?

That doesn't work for me, every time I switch the export, it keeps the same configuration. I have to manually change it.

Maybe I'm interpreting the doc the wrong way... or maybe it's broken? Any help is appreciated.

curato

There is a little target icon in the upper right of the screen with the current target displayed next to it.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
The wording is wrong on that... sorry! Configs work the same as the rest of the compile options and may need changed. For example if you select iOS > YYC and then switch to Android to compile using the VM, the YYC will still need to be changed to VM along with the target platform.. Configs are the same and the currently selected config will be applied to whatever platform is chosen.

What it should say is that your configurations will be shown in the target manager and can be applied to any export target.

matharoo

manualman
GameMaker Dev.
The wording is wrong on that... sorry! Configs work the same as the rest of the compile options and may need changed. For example if you select iOS > YYC and then switch to Android to compile using the VM, the YYC will still need to be changed to VM along with the target platform.. Configs are the same and the currently selected config will be applied to whatever platform is chosen.

What it should say is that your configurations will be shown in the target manager and can be applied to any export target.
I see, thanks for the quick response! Should I submit a report about it?

Last edited: