• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE anyone having problem with virtual keys on Iphone ?

Maa2007

hello, so my game was causing me a headache last few days, my virtual keys stopped working properly only when i export the game to my iPhone, if i tested on an android or on mac/pc using the mouse, they still work like they always did, only on my iphone the problem appears, and this only happened few days ago after i updated my game maker, so logically i think the problem is in game maker,

and i spent a whole day trying to install different versions of run-time and IDE, but the problem is still the same
so this is really mind boggling

there is a chance that the problem is in my iphone, are there anybody facing a similar problem ?

chorrus

It is a bug, I have already talked with yoyo staff and they have confirmed the bug. The virtual keys detect the press and the release event when just pressing so makes weird things. They are already working to solve it, so hope they have it soon :)

M

MuddyMuddy

Can confirm the keyboard_virtual_show is very unreliable, seems to work sometimes (on iPhone XS) but not on other iPhones (in xcode simulator)

chorrus

Can confirm the keyboard_virtual_show is very unreliable, seems to work sometimes (on iPhone XS) but not on other iPhones (in xcode simulator)
It has already been solved. However until they don't release next runtime we will still have problems. I guess we will need some patience... Let's hope a new runtime version will be released very soon.

Maa2007

hello, is this problem solved yet ?,

today i move all my button clicks events into step event, using keyboard_check statements, instead of using built-in events
and the problem persist, and that is only on my iphone, on imac and pc they work as expected

chorrus

Yeah, it hasn't been solved in the stable release. You can however download the beta version, where it still has a small bug the release event is triggered twice. I have also notified that bug and they will solve it soon, however that isn't too important and might not even affect your game.

Mert

Just a question if anyone knows, do these work on Html5 target ? (When playing the game via browser on mobile devices)

chorrus

Just a question if anyone knows, do these work on Html5 target ? (When playing the game via browser on mobile devices)
Yes, I have released some HTML5 games using virtual keys and I haven't had problems(although not recently so I doubt it, but there might be bugs in HTML5 target I' m not aware of).

Plura

After I updated my IDE to 2.2.2.393 and runtime to v2.2.2.308, virtual keys stoped to work on my iPhone 6s (iOS 12.3.1).