Additional Monetization Methods

RizbIT

Is there other legit ways to monetize mobile apps or traffic from apps.

For example https://ipninjasdk.io/

In the past theres been things like lock screen ads or surveys but sure these are not allowed.

Are there any extensions that allow this.

There's a reason that those things are not allowed. I'm surprised that that ridiculous IP stealing thing is even legal (it's probably not in most countries). Make a good product and sell it. Monetization problem solved. Don't do 💩💩💩💩 like the crap you posted.

L

Lonewolff

There's a reason that those things are not allowed. I'm surprised that that ridiculous IP stealing thing is even legal (it's probably not in most countries). Make a good product and sell it. Monetization problem solved. Don't do **** like the crap you posted.
Exactly. Make a great app and sell it accordingly.

Mert

Is there other legit ways to monetize mobile apps or traffic from apps.

For example https://ipninjasdk.io/

In the past theres been things like lock screen ads or surveys but sure these are not allowed.

Are there any extensions that allow this.
Using such service is like running a starbucks shop : Except, you note the coffee preferences of your customers and sell this data to dunkin donuts :D

It's like running an underwear store and telling the skeezy guys hanging around the back the name, address and panty choice of your customers.

11clock

I have a brilliant idea! How about you sell your game with an upfront price and exclude microtransactions and ads? It would be revolutionary!

The IP Ninja thing seems sketchy, but there's nothing wrong with microtransactions or ads as long as they're done honestly and morally.

Some players won't like your game because of it, but others will. Fortnite is doing pretty okay last time I heard, and I think most of the players are legitimately enjoying their time with the game. I also legitimately question their tastes, but it's not our job to decide what people get to enjoy. It's our job to find an audience and then create things they'll enjoy. ;)

RizbIT

The thing is sometimes devs release free stuff, free games, but theres a reason for it, brand exposure...get you to buy pro version, give you a taster....like with Game Maker it prob started off free or $10, now look at it...

But no serious dev can release a game theyve spent months working on for free, what they get out of it, then users complain when devs try to make some money form their creations.

I

IP Ninja

Hey guys,
We're getting a lot of traffic from this forum so we decided to sing up and see what's going on here.
We believe apps developers should be rewarded for their hard work - delivering great free apps. Our monetization method is the most user-friendly you can use as we don't show any ad, we are not installing any annoying widget, and most important - we don't collect any data on the end-users!
All we do is tunneling internet requests, coming from our clients (who are registered companies only) to help them gain business intelligence without being blocked. We do inform the end-users (in the most transparent way) and asking for their confirmation (they don't have to agree, only if they want to support your free app) and we allow them to easily opt-out anytime. Moreover - we're limiting the SDK to tunnel almost nothing to each end-user, we work on big numbers so each one of the end-users won't feel anything at all.. We see it as a win-win-win, you enjoy very high income, we have end-users to tunnel the requests and your users enjoy free great apps in return to nothing..
We are here (or at [email protected]) to answer any question and our SDK team leader is also available on Skype (idan_281) and Telegram (t.me/Idaninja).

Hope to see you soon,
IP Ninja support team.

zbox

GMC Elder
It's a pretty unsettling concept. From what your site says you say that you have full control of the device's requests as long as they are plugged in and at 70%+ battery... and that just sits wrong.

What gives an app the right to monetize a user when they are not even remotely using said app? What about legal liability if the malicious requests are sent from the user's phone causing damage somewhere else? Sorry I just don't see how a developer can "Deserve" to effectively turn their audience into a highest-bidder botnet when the user may not have used the app for days, weeks or months.

I

IP Ninja

It's a pretty unsettling concept. From what your site says you say that you have full control of the device's requests as long as they are plugged in and at 70%+ battery... and that just sits wrong.

What gives an app the right to monetize a user when they are not even remotely using said app? What about legal liability if the malicious requests are sent from the user's phone causing damage somewhere else? Sorry I just don't see how a developer can "Deserve" to effectively turn their audience into a highest-bidder botnet when the user may not have used the app for days, weeks or months.
Thanks for your comment, your notes are definitely contributed for the discussion and here are ours:

You can be sure we already had massive legal research prior to the SDK development.
Residential proxy services are existing for years and you'll not find even one big corporate in the world not using such services.
You may try becoming a client, not only IP Ninja's but all of our competitors, it is not easy at all - we verify each of the companies that reach us out to buy our services so you can be calm as regarding to potential damage coming from your user devices.

What gives us the right? only the end-users, they get a very clear and transparent consent dialog, linked to a 3-lines EULA, they understand exactly what we ask them for and those who accept it (around 75%) understand that by accepting they contribute to the free apps development industry.
It is more common than you think... we can say that all providers in our industry are connected to more than half a billion devices around the world (mobile and PC).

In a perfect world, you wouldn't need to monetize your apps at all, everybody would be willing to pay for each app downloaded, but the world is not yet perfect, unfortunately.

It's ok to disagree, we're not forcing anyone to participate, maybe serving an endless amount of ads within the app is better, and maybe not - it is completely individual... Eventually, it's the developer decision on how to monetize his apps and the end user's decision if supporting the developer by joining the VPN network or not, it's a free world after all.

M

Misty

Sounds like utter monstrous dystopian trashheap. I vote no on this proposal.

Also, this thread reminds me of this:

Also, I went to the ninja site in the OP, and my browser gave me a warning of a potential Cross-Site scripting attack.

Last edited:
I

IP Ninja

Sounds like utter monstrous dystopian trashheap. I vote no on this proposal.

Also, this thread reminds me of this:

Also, I went to the ninja site in the OP, and my browser gave me a warning of a potential Cross-Site scripting attack.
It is the first time we are getting such a complaint, we cannot allow ourselves such things when our customers are S&P 500 companies so please feel free to share a screen-shot of this warning so we could investigate this thing.

Anyway, we find some hostile replies here, thus we've decided to stop replying in this forum.

Facts are that there are many developers, some of them are very big (10M+), working with us and enjoying an outstanding income.

If someone here has 100k users and want to make this user base into a monthly income of $3,000 - you know how to contact us (BTW - we are not limiting the numbers, you have 1M users - $30,000\month etc. it's that simple).

We wish each one of you, all the luck in the world and thank you for reading what we had to say here.