• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Won't Install

S

SimSHOM

I am trying to download this, but it is says "GameMaker Studio 2 is already installed. Click OK to remove previous version or cancel to cancel this update." When I click OK, it closes and nothing happens. I searched for "Gamemaker" in This PC and nothing (except the installer) was there. Please help!

rIKmAN

I am trying to download this, but it is says "GameMaker Studio 2 is already installed. Click OK to remove previous version or cancel to cancel this update." When I click OK, it closes and nothing happens. I searched for "Gamemaker" in This PC and nothing (except the installer) was there. Please help!
Try following the steps in this guide to remove everything, then reboot and try to install it again.

Make sure there is no AV or similar software active that may be interfering with the installation process.

PlayerOne

I think I may know the problem. Check your computers C drive and find game maker 2 (+ version number) and see if the uninstall.exe application is in there.

S

SimSHOM

I think I may know the problem. Check your computers C drive and find game maker 2 (+ version number) and see if the uninstall.exe application is in there.
I ran the uninstaller when I first got rid of it. it's not there anymore.

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
I've had similar sounding problems when I install a new version/update. During the installation process, the dialog box somehow gets hidden for some reason after I select "OK". As if it's underneath another window, or just not visible.

Make sure there are no other windows open, except those from the installer. And if the dialog box closes unexpectedly, try minimizing any other Studio windows to make sure it's not hiding underneath.

Last edited:
S

steveyg90

I also have this problem now with the latest release, click ok to remove previous version and it does nothing???