• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS Can GMS 1.4 export 64-bit for mobile?

M

mccordinator

Sorry if the answer to this is somewhere, I tried to search the forums and google for a solid answer. I have a license to GMS 1.4 for mobile games through Humble Bundle, and I'm wondering if it's even worth using as things head in the 64-bit direction. Can GMS 1.4 export 64-bit games for mobile?

Thanks!

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
We support 64 bit on iOS and UWP but currently 64bit android is not supported (but it is not as widely available / used either)

Russell

M

mccordinator

Ah very nice to hear that. Thank you @rwkay. Is there a different process in exporting 32-bit vs 64-bit to iOS? If default is 64-bit that is good with me.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
on iOS we build multiple architectures so it defaults to building both 32bit and 64bit architectures - if you use the suppress build, you can change this in XCode

Russell

Bingdom

Googledom
but currently 64bit android is not supported (but it is not as widely available / used either)
Starting from August 2019, It will be required to have 64bit support if you wanted to create/update an app on Google Play.

Will GMS1 get an update to fix this before its sunset?

I suppose the answer is obviously no, but It doesn't hurt to ask :)

Last edited:
L

Lonewolff

I hope it will be added, but I kind of doubt it. Welp, this sucks.
Development ceased quite a while ago now for 1.4, so I highly doubt it. There is no reason why YYG would or even should do it. I certainly wouldn't if I was in their position.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
The lack of attention to news on GM and utter lack of realistic thinking from certain groups of GMC members baffle me. Why the hell are there still people hoping for additional updates on GMS 1.4, when YoYo has made it clear it is past sunset and no further development will take place?

L

Luto

so. we could say that now, finally, GM 1.4 along with Android module has become obsolete to upload our games to the Google Play Store? :(

L

Luto

What sad news, I never had the chance to finish an android game. Well GM 1.4 and its Android module was fun it although I enjoyed it very little time. :(

Appsurd

You still got 6 months though...

And it kinda feels unfair to exclude (old) Unity Games in the process, but that's up to Google..

Nono

And for version 1.99 ?? Early Access ?? I can not believe that this really happens !!! Seriously?? :eek:

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
None of this should be a surprise for anyone who has been following the way Android develops. Every 4-8 months or so, there always seems to be new orders from Google Play to accommodate some API change or patch some other major shift. I predicted this back in 2017, and it came true as expected.

With the entire GMS 1.x line past sunset last August (standard release and early access), anyone thinking that its mobile exports would stay valid for long has the wrong idea about how things work, and anyone expecting more updates for it is living under a rock.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

While @FrostyCat isn't being that kind, I can understand his frustration. We're kind of a broken record here. (not to pick on you frostycat I can get pretty mean sometimes too)

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lonewolff

And for version 1.99 ?? Early Access ?? I can not believe that this really happens !!! Seriously?? :eek:
How it this a surprise?

It was common knowledge that the first exporters to fall after the sunset of GMS 1.x were going to be the mobile exports. These are always the first to change.

This isn't on YYG at all. If anything it is on you. If you really cared about the customers you develop for, you wouldn't be supplying them applications built upon obsolete frameworks.

Gunner

A moment of silence for the poor shmugs who bought GMS 1.4 Android module at full price in 2016/2017...

Only to have it for less than 3-4 years..:p

Last edited: