• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Very Very Early Roguelike/RPG Game

L

Luotigames

I have for a long time been thinking about making a game that I will publish on Steam ( also on itch.io) and here it is. I'm going to do a Devlog on youtube, here and twitter. I'm doing this game alone, so do not expect a ton of content and a long story, but I'm going to try make the game replayable.

Story: unknown
Gameplay: keyboard or gamepad ( best experience with gamepad)

I will update this post with more info about the game!

Here's my first twitter post about this game with a gif of the gameplay:
https://twitter.com/NuffSaidGames/status/1082265661974417408

This game has been in development since this year ( 2019), so it is in really early stage. Please, feel free to give some feedback and ideas.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Luotigames

I did an update on the background. This week I'm going work on the battle mechanics, so it doesn't feel so dull. Hardest part might be doing the animations, but slowly and practicing I might get it to look good.

Attachments

J

Jordanb

Looking good. I like the idea of screen shake and also think a more meaty/juicy sound for when the enemies get hit would make the combat feel better. The tile set is nice, the blood stands out a bit at the moment though - maybe because it is one of the few elements with alpha values? Looking forward to seeing more enemy types - for how fast the player is these seem pretty easy!

L

Luotigames

Looking good. I like the idea of screen shake and also think a more meaty/juicy sound for when the enemies get hit would make the combat feel better. The tile set is nice, the blood stands out a bit at the moment though - maybe because it is one of the few elements with alpha values? Looking forward to seeing more enemy types - for how fast the player is these seem pretty easy!
Thank you! Yes, blood effect has alpha values which goes lower until it fades away completely ( Will maybe leave dead bodies or blood stains, so you that you know you have killed enemies in the room). The sounds are just something I have added without much effort so it won't feel so dull while playing/testing, but some good sound effects really gives that extra game feel. It's good to get feedback so I know which things needs improvement when polishing the game.