• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM SOLVED:Documentation Offline

Cameron

Hi guys, I noticed today, for now at least, the online documentation is currently not available and it got me to wondering some things.

1) How long will the documentation be available online for and are there any plans to discontinue the online documentation now that GMS1.x has seen its sunset?

2) If the documentation is going to be made unavailable at some point and/or considering that the documentation is in it's final form, can we get an offline download for the documentation so that we can always have it locally available?

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
I can still view and search the online official GMS 1.4 Manual just fine. If you can't, either your connection is messed up, or the link you've been relying on wasn't official to start with.

Also, the documentation has been available at %appdata%\GameMaker-Studio\5pice.chm since the day GMS 1.x was born. You could also bring it up in the Start Menu entry folder, F1 from the IDE and F12/middle-clicking a built-in function/variable name or keyword from the code editor. I have no idea where you got the idea that it isn't locally available.

Cameron

I can still view and search the online official GMS 1.4 Manual just fine. If you can't, either your connection is messed up, or the link you've been relying on wasn't official to start with.

Also, the documentation has been available at %appdata%\GameMaker-Studio\5pice.chm since the day GMS 1.x was born. You could also bring it up in the Start Menu entry folder, F1 from the IDE and F12/middle-clicking a built-in function/variable name or keyword from the code editor. I have no idea where you got the idea that it isn't locally available.
Hmm, well I do have a standard link I always use but when that didn't work I went to google (duckduckgo technically) and searched and then used the link that came up and still nothing. I get a 504 Gateway Time-out and also just tested again with TorGuard disabled and got a 502 Gateway Time-Out. I don't seem to be having any connection issues with any other web addresses as far as I can see.

I'm aware of the hotkeys and center mouse wheel clicks to access the documentation inside the IDE and I do use those when I'm working in a project. You are right, I'm not sure why I was under the impression that it connected to the online documentation either, just tested it and it works even though my ability to connect online isn't working still. I've used this a million times so not sure what I was thinking.

I'm going to mark this as solved as there really isn't much of a point to it anymore.