• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Script getting "emptied"

D

Dawn

Alright, this doesn't happen always but has happened to me twice already.

The symptom is simple, the whole code of a script disappears. It shows a empty window before my eyes in the blink of an eye. Redo doesn't work, there's no way to recover it other than doing it all over from last backup. I've already had issues with GMS2's ridiculous method of managing files "physically" and I suspect this bug is from that but whatever, the point is that it's happened and would happen again.

So, is this a known issue?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
This sounds like something related to an over-zealous anti-virus or maybe something like dropbox reverting files... Where are you saving your game yyp files to?

D

Dawn

In my SSD and I only use Windows defender. I just zip the project everyday.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
In my SSD and I only use Windows defender. I just zip the project everyday.
Nocturne is also asking you where in your SSD the project is stored. Automatic file sync applications like Dropbox and OneDrive are known to overrule your GMS 2 changes without your consent.

D

Dawn

The project folder is not in any cloud locations. Actually I only turn them on when I upload backups. This is just too specific to be a faulty SSD behaviour or whatsoever.