Should I Work On Sequels While Working On The First Games?

I had been working for first installment of some of my games, but I haven't develop them yet using GameMaker. I was curious to see will it be okay to work on sequels on paper/documents soon?

I definitely WANT to tell you to focus on your first game before worrying about sequels. That being said, I have the basic plot of the sequel to the game I'm working on now mostly figured out. But don't be like me. If working on your game gives you ideas for a sequel, go ahead and write them down so you don't forget them. Just don't spend too much time TRYING to figure out all the details to your sequels. The game you're working on now is going to change a lot during production, so a lot of that may end up being wasted effort anyway.

I definitely WANT to tell you to focus on your first game before worrying about sequels. That being said, I have the basic plot of the sequel to the game I'm working on now mostly figured out. But don't be like me. If working on your game gives you ideas for a sequel, go ahead and write them down so you don't forget them. Just don't spend too much time TRYING to figure out all the details to your sequels. The game you're working on now is going to change a lot during production, so a lot of that may end up being wasted effort anyway.
Well, I just got ideas for the sequels, so should I just write details for them now, so it can be a lesser wasted effort?

How come your not responding?

Sorry. Haven't checked in in a while. By all means, write your ideas down. All I'm saying is, a lot can change in a game from when you first come up with the idea to when you finish it. You could come up with ideas for the sequel that expand on features/characters/plotlines that you end up dropping or radically changing before the first game is done. That's not to say these ideas can't be reworked or repurposed. And the fact that you're even trying to come up with new ideas for the sequel puts you far ahead of a lot of triple-A titles, that really do seem to just slap a 2 or a subtitle at the end of the title and call it a day.

Sorry. Haven't checked in in a while. By all means, write your ideas down. All I'm saying is, a lot can change in a game from when you first come up with the idea to when you finish it. You could come up with ideas for the sequel that expand on features/characters/plotlines that you end up dropping or radically changing before the first game is done. That's not to say these ideas can't be reworked or repurposed. And the fact that you're even trying to come up with new ideas for the sequel puts you far ahead of a lot of triple-A titles, that really do seem to just slap a 2 or a subtitle at the end of the title and call it a day.
Okay, cool. Ty.