Alpha Making best FPS ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Misty

Decided to make the best FPS ever, resurrecting that old beast for the glory. HYPE. It's going to be very advanced.

I made a twitter just now I was told told to hype the game before progress is being made.

I really underestimated how good this engine was, I made it a few years ago using the Newton framework, I didn't realize what utter gold it was.

Tommorow I'm going to post new screenshots to showcase it's real features.

Here is some music to hype the game:

I can't find the original gif but the original gif of it had ragdoll physics.

M

Misty

@Misty What is the best fps in the world until yours is released ? =)
None of them are worthy.

But I will list the best fps games. I won't put them in any particular order, because they are mood games, you only play them when you are in a mood. So none are better than the other, it depends on mood.
GE/Perfect Dark
Old Unreal Tournament
Quake 3
Heretic
CS: GO
Half life
Overwatch
Halo 1 and 2.
Metroid Prime 1 and 2.
Turok.

I didnt put Borderlands and Portal because I consider Borderlands more of an rpg, and Portal more of a puzzle game.

S

SamSam

None of them are worthy.
You are ready.

I consider Borderlands more of an rpg
Glad you mention it, this is one of my all time favorites. I don't think it is a rpg more than a fps though.

What do you think about the fast visceral transcendent experiences like Dishonored, Shadow Warrior or The Darkness 2 ?

M

Misty

You are ready.

Glad you mention it, this is one of my all time favorites. I don't think it is a rpg more than a fps though.

What do you think about the fast visceral transcendent experiences like Dishonored, Shadow Warrior or The Darkness 2 ?
I played the Darkness 1 demo and it was pretty good. I've never played Dishonored, but I played the Shadow Warrior HD remake and it had some funny cutscenes.

S

SamSam

I played the Darkness 1 demo and it was pretty good. I've never played Dishonored, but I played the Shadow Warrior HD remake and it had some funny cutscenes.
Damn, please play 'em ! You can't make the best fps ever if you didn't ! I know you are the chosen one announced by the Troll Prophecy but still. Your training is almost complete but you have to learn what true arcade madness is.

The Darkness 2 is like The Darkness, but perfected.

Dishonored and Dishonored 2 are pure freedom fast vertical creative gameplay perfections (Surely because they are made in Lyon ^^) !

M

Misty

Damn, please play 'em ! You can't make the best fps ever if you didn't ! I know you are the chosen one announced by the Troll Prophecy but still. Your training is almost complete but you have to learn what true arcade madness is.

The Darkness 2 is like The Darkness, but perfected.

Dishonored and Dishonored 2 are pure freedom fast vertical creative gameplay perfections (Surely because they are made in Lyon ^^) !
Sure. I'll make a kickstarter, if it drums up enough money I will buy those 4 games and play them.

As far as arcade madness what we are talking here is Daytona, Rush, Virtua Cop, Time Crisis, Pinball, Fighting, and Goldeneye 64. Do you know Goldeneye 64 was originally meant to be an arcade title? Similar to virtua cop. Those are the ones that stand out in my mind, I remember they had a terminator one too, I don't think I ever cared for it overly much. There are some zombie spinoff railshooters also, but not as good. Also I just love the arcade atmosphere and the ambience.

Misty, I wanna see videos of or play a demo of your game asap! You have good tastes in fps games!
Tommorow I plan on uploading a Gif image showing the game in animation.

Here's that boxart you wanted me to make for you.

View attachment 22783

Can I see Timmy again now? He's my son too. Please, I'm begging you.
I don't know who Timmy is.

This looks so real!!

Are you sure this isn't a photograph?
Har har har. I plan on launching a Kickstarter and hopefully to pay an artist to make good maps and levels. The screenshot is only the first stage of progress.

L

Lonewolff

Awesome! Keep the screenshots coming!

What's your Twitter? We need to make the world aware of this. :cool:

S

SamSam

Sure. I'll make a kickstarter, if it drums up enough money I will buy those 4 games and play them.
If you make top 3 at the next game jam I give you a Steam key for Dishonored. (Promise !)

Do you know Goldeneye 64 was originally meant to be an arcade title?
Now I do, thank you ^^

Anyway, I will follow your project very closely ! ♥

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
All this topic is doing is bumping other topics that actually have real updates and gameplay to discuss down off the front the page... So I'm closing this, as - given the comments and replies - it can't be taken seriously. If Misty ever starts to make the game and can provide information and screenshots or even a demo that doesn't look like it's taking the mickey then they can post another topic, but until then, let's see you people offer this same level of support to the dozens of other fantastic looking games on this forum. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.