• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Assets not visible

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Do you have anything in the draw event of the objects? Could the objects be deactivated? Have you cleared the compiler cache and tested again?

S

samyak

Do you have anything in the draw event of the objects? Could the objects be deactivated? Have you cleared the compiler cache and tested again?
They aren't deactivated, as they are working fine, except that they aren't visible. Texts are visible. I have used 'draw_self();' in the draw event. I have used the 'clean' tool, but that did not work. Only once, when I had saved the project in another name, it worked. But later the same problem appeared again. Now even this trick does not work

I also need your 4 digit tag. I added the v = choose function to your step event, this fixes it so that not all cars are the same. I deleted all of the child object draw events. I added your text draw event to the parent object and added the draw_self function below that.

S

samyak

I also need your 4 digit tag. I added the v = choose function to your step event, this fixes it so that not all cars are the same. I deleted all of the child object draw events. I added your text draw event to the parent object and added the draw_self function below that.
yes, that v variable was written there by mistake. I have no problem with that.

But why does not the draw events act in child objects?

S

samyak

4 digit tag= 4376

Your using roughly the same code in all of them. If you want a slightly different position for the text you can set an offset in the create event of the vehicles themselves. It cleans up the code, makes it more efficient.

S

samyak

Your using roughly the same code in all of them. If you want a slightly different position for the text you can set an offset in the create event of the vehicles themselves. It cleans up the code, makes it more efficient.
thanks.
Also I noticed that erasing the draw_self() function in child object makes the child object disappear, although the draw_self() function is present in the parent object's draw event.

Also I still did not get this- When I first started this project my asset layer was invisible, I had made the 'visibility eye' ON in the layer's window in the room editing place. There were only a few sprites in those layer. The layer was above the background. Later this problem disappeared. I guess it was a compiler error or something like that.

Also I noticed that erasing the draw_self() function in child object makes the child object disappear, although the draw_self() function is present in the parent object's draw event
If your child also has a draw event, this takes over from the parent draw event and the parent draw event will NOT run.

If you have a child with a draw event and you also want the parent draw event to run, you must put the function event_inherited() in the code for your child object draw event.

event_inherited() tells the child object to run the parent event as well as the child object event