Design 8-bit Doubts

E

ethian

Greetings...

Thinking about making 8-bit-styled creations, i have doubts before continuing :
  1. Can't i get royality issues if i publish my 8-bit works? (Especially Music than sound and graphics)
  2. Can't use the same scales as NES's? (16x16 tiles, for example)
  3. Can't use the same colours as NES's?

N

nlolotte

This is a joke, surely? A user made one comment about not ripping off undertale and now you're super worried about copyright infringement.

1. 8 bit is a genre, style, etc... . You cannot copyright a genre otherwise we'd only have 1 artist for each genre of music.
2. Size is size? The NES actually used an illusion of 8x8 tiles knitted together to create sprite up to 16x24 in size. You can use whatever size you like. No ones going to sue your never started indie game because you're using 16x16 tiles.
3.Again, use any colour you like. But not black, i'm using black.

C'mon man. Just make a damn project already. Quit worrying about everything! and stay away from black, that's my colour.

E

ethian

Ha ha ha! Using black... damn project... Thanks for everything!

Khao

If you create your own content it belongs to you. If you use someone else's content it does not.

It's not that complicated.

Just stop worrying and make your game.

E

ethian

If you create your own content it belongs to you. If you use someone else's content it does not.

It's not that complicated.

Just stop worrying and make your game.
I like this phrase. Thank you, i won't worry anymore...

you're super worried about copyright infringement.
sorry, but in my country, people misunderstood copyright laws, they think for using something copyrighted, they just must credit the original creator, and this is not true, permission is missing! also, not everything that isn't mine or yours is usable when crediting the original autor, that things are the ones that have a certain tag...

Last edited by a moderator: