• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Changing Game Maker logo stuff

Hi

How do you change the icon for the Game Maker executable and get rid of the Game Maker Splash screen. I have a PC/Mac license and a Mobile license as well and I need to get rid of them for all of my builds.

rIKmAN

Resource Tree > Options > {Target Platform} > Images.

There are sections in there for icon and splash screen image.

Another problem. When I install and launch my game, Windows says: " Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk. Then it says a Don't Run button in the lower right hand side and a link saying "More Info". If you click "More Info" It gives you the option to "Run Anyway"

rIKmAN

rIKmAN

Ok. I'll check out the manual. I do use it, I just never sat down and read every page. Thanks!
You don't need to read every page as the the manual has a search function, and typing in "splash" gives about 10 results, half of which are links to the options pages for each target detailing what everything in there does, and how to change splash screen images and icons etc.

I would advise casually going through the manual at least once like a book though, as even though you will see information and functions that you might not need or understand right now, later when you want to try and do something you will think "Oh I remember reading something like that in the manual!" and can then go and find it and have a head start on implementing your feature.

If you create an executable build, I believe the splash screen will show up, but if you test it from the IDE, the Made with Game Maker 2 still appears.

Reactions: Mut