• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GMS2 blue accent theme

I

immortalx

I've been using @iluvfuz 's VS2015 blue theme since I got GMS2, mainly because I don't like the default green accent of the standard skin and also for its cleaner design. Unfortunately it's not maintained anymore and breaks some things (like not being able to get a list of runtimes in preferences).

So I've made a little mod of the default GMS2 dark skin, giving it the accent color of the VS2015 blue variation.
I've only touched some color values, included iluvfuz's cursors and edited a couple of icons, so presumably it shouldn't break anything.

I also made a purple-ish code editor highlighting scheme. If you want to use that too, please back-up the "local_settings.json" file from the "C:\Users\<Username>\Appdata\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\<User>" folder.

To install the theme, extract the archive into the "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Skins" folder.
Re-launch the IDE and navigate to File->Preferences->General and select "GMS2blue" from the "IDE skin" dropdown.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/e5r1ia2tdthjndu/GMS2blue.rar?dl=0

C

Cowlord

Awesome work! Wish there was a skins category in the marketplace so more people would do this. :D

D

deezeedude

I've been using @iluvfuz 's VS2015 blue theme since I got GMS2, mainly because I don't like the default green accent of the standard skin and also for its cleaner design. Unfortunately it's not maintained anymore and breaks some things (like not being able to get a list of runtimes in preferences).

So I've made a little mod of the default GMS2 dark skin, giving it the accent color of the VS2015 blue variation.
I've only touched some color values, included iluvfuz's cursors and edited a couple of icons, so presumably it shouldn't break anything.

I also made a purple-ish code editor highlighting scheme. If you want to use that too, please back-up the "local_settings.json" file from the "C:\Users\<Username>\Appdata\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\<User>" folder.

To install the theme, extract the archive into the "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Skins" folder.
Re-launch the IDE and navigate to File->Preferences->General and select "GMS2blue" from the "IDE skin" dropdown.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/e5r1ia2tdthjndu/GMS2blue.rar?dl=0

That is a nice theme.

C

Cowlord

Not sure what's going on, I don't have the same code editor colors, resource menus are grey not blue.

Edit: I created a background for the workspace that I think matches well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

immortalx

Not sure what's going on, I don't have the same code editor colors, resource menus are grey not blue.
To use the code editor scheme, first backup the "settings.json" file in the "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\<user_id>" folder.
Then in GMS2 IDE navigate to File->Preferences->Text Editors->Code Editor and press Restore Defaults. You may need to close and re-launch the IDE and then you'll see the new scheme.

About the resource menu text colors: This is something you do inside the IDE. File->Preferences->Resource Tree->Colours.