• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

So I got an old project that I want to work on how would I covert it to the new format

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
I moved this here from Community. Please use the Programming forum for basic questions about Studio feature use.

That said, nobody can answer your question without more information. For example, what version of Studio was the project made in? What version of Studio are you using now?

Most versions of GM Studio allow projects from older versions (but not too old) to be imported and converted.

matharoo

manualman
GameMaker Dev.
It says that it's a GMX file, which IIRC, is for GMS 1.x. You should be able to use the "Import" feature in GMS2 to open it, but I think it may not work in the trial version (not sure).

W

William Darby

I moved this here from Community. Please use the Programming forum for basic questions about Studio feature use.

That said, nobody can answer your question without more information. For example, what version of Studio was the project made in? What version of Studio are you using now?

Most versions of GM Studio allow projects from older versions (but not too old) to be imported and converted.
Thanks and sorry
It says that it's a GMX file, which IIRC, is for GMS 1.x. You should be able to use the "Import" feature in GMS2 to open it, but I think it may not work in the trial version (not sure).
thanks

W

William Darby

sorry