• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Discussion About Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ethian

Greethings...

I need to say something...

I had seen a lot of stuff involving fans and with this, i feel they're violating a lot of rules... they seem they're violating copyright laws but they actually not, because they don't claim their fan creations as their own... they simply say "This thing is not mine" (This example is found in Youtube videos involving video game music and their description), "Characters are not mine", etc...

But... for a sucessful copyright-law-violation-avoiding, hay que pedir permiso, i mean, someone must ask for permission to the original creator, right?

They have not permission to the original creators to make their fan creations... or... they have the permission just because they're fans?

Are fans actually violating some law? Or not?

Also, are fangames, actually bad?

Also, be a fan is actually bad? Because there's fan bases that include toxic and inmature fans...

Uh wait! Getting away from bad fan bases, what is the best fan base? If a good fan base exists, be a fan isn't that bad after all...

Also, i have something to say...
When i think i'm a fan, i'm actually obsessed! So i actually don't know how to be a fan, i just get obsessed instead! (Someonr can help me for this, please?)

Last edited by a moderator:
E

ethian

yeah, just saying "i don't own this" doesn't mean you're not violating copyright
Lo aprendĂ­ antes...
I mean...
I learned this before...

Something more to say?

Tell me please, what is the least toxic fanbase/the best fanbase that exists?

ElectroMan

Jack of All Shades
And you gotta love when in the description there's a line saying "no copyright infringement intended."
Like wow. I wonder how a judge would feel if I stabbed a person 54 times and I try arguing that murder wasn't intended.

Ninety

@ethian there are no good fanbases

...but just imagine how lonely the world would be without all those fantastic "Fan made" games...:oops:
just because i know fan games violate copyright, doesn't mean i don't think the copyright system is fundamentally broken and reactionary

E

ethian

@ethian there are no good fanbases
What a shame...

All the known fanbases that are the toxic ones are everything related to fanbases that exist on the world?

What about a fanbase that everyone in there are religious nerds...

there are no good fanbases
They're all the same with their toxicy?

Bearman_18

Fruit Stand Deadbeat
...Is this because of what I said about undertale fan games? If so, i should tell you that I don't actually think they're bad. So long as you're not trying to sell or distribute something that belongs to someone else, you should be fine.

E

ethian

...Is this because of what I said about undertale fan games?
Not exactly, i have things to discuss about the fans even since the beginning of this year that is going to end.

Also, the moment of humillate humillating fans by critiquising them here came... but i don't want to do it...

But, for avoid this thread go to end already, tell me what do you think about fans...

...doubts? ...controversies involving fans?

Also...

When i think i'm a fan, i'm actually obsessed! So i actually don't know how to be a fan, i just get obsessed instead! (Someonr can help me for this, please?)
Can someone help me with this problem? If you don't help me with this, nevermind, i'll call to someone else.

Roa

Is it against the law? Yes.

Is it going to protect the original copy-right holder? Almost never.

Is it immoral for fans to make content and so long as you don't profit from it? No, not when the copy-right holder refuses to utilize or make it available to people.

If it wasn't for fans, some of the best pieces of content wouldn't exist. (AM2R anyone?)

Status
Not open for further replies.