• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Looking to get started with mobile dev, any recommendations?

G

Garrzilla

I've made mobile games before on the first GameMaker, but its been a while. I've purchased GameMaker 2 Studio Desktop so far on Steam. I'm looking to get a Fire HD 10 tablet, as it's pretty affordable. Would the Amazon Fire license be all I need to develop the game, then once its done, I can buy the Android/iOS license for those and optimize it appropriately. I know I will need to buy a mac mini for iOS. I'm open to any suggestions :)

rIKmAN

I've made mobile games before on the first GameMaker, but its been a while. I've purchased GameMaker 2 Studio Desktop so far on Steam. I'm looking to get a Fire HD 10 tablet, as it's pretty affordable. Would the Amazon Fire license be all I need to develop the game, then once its done, I can buy the Android/iOS license for those and optimize it appropriately. I know I will need to buy a mac mini for iOS. I'm open to any suggestions :)
The Fire licence only allows you to export to Fire devices, not regular Android devices, so you will be able to develop and export to the FireHD that you buy using that licence without a problem.

The full Mobile licence includes iOS, Android AND the Fire licence which might be more cost effective in the long term.

I'm not sure if the cost of the Fire licence would be deducted from the cost of the full Mobile licence if you already owned it, you should probably ask YYG about that before you buy as I know they have done something similar with the Creators > Desktop upgrade in the past so it is worth asking the question.

G

Garrzilla

The Fire licence only allows you to export to Fire devices, not regular Android devices, so you will be able to develop and export to the FireHD that you buy using that licence without a problem.

The full Mobile licence includes iOS, Android AND the Fire licence which might be more cost effective in the long term.

I'm not sure if the cost of the Fire licence would be deducted from the cost of the full Mobile licence if you already owned it, you should probably ask YYG about that before you buy as I know they have done something similar with the Creators > Desktop upgrade in the past so it is worth asking the question.
Ok! That is good to know. I found out my friend has a Tab S3 that he doesn't use so I will most likely buy it and go with the mobile license.