• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows DragonBones to GMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorg Gjer

Hi.
I saw that GMS has the option to import spine files for anmations.
I also found that the free DragonBones has the option to export spine files.
So I made a model in DragonBones exported it as spine .json
I then create a new sprite in gamemaker and import the json
I don't see the image, and don't get an error message.
I did get a Spine lisence screen, but i just closed it.
I googel and found the youtube video , that had a solution to romove som of the text in the json file , but still same. Not working.
Is it so that i need a spine licence to get this working ?

Anyone know how i can get this working ?

Greeting
Kaizen

rIKmAN

Hi.
I saw that GMS has the option to import spine files for anmations.
I also found that the free DragonBones has the option to export spine files.
So I made a model in DragonBones exported it as spine .json
I then create a new sprite in gamemaker and import the json
I don't see the image, and don't get an error message.
I did get a Spine lisence screen, but i just closed it.
I googel and found the youtube video , that had a solution to romove som of the text in the json file , but still same. Not working.
Is it so that i need a spine licence to get this working ?

Anyone know how i can get this working ?

Greeting
Kaizen
GMS uses the official Spine runtimes which means you are required to own a Spine licence if you want to use them.
That Spine licence window that you "just closed" without reading explained all of this - you are essentially asking for help on how to circumvent the need to buy a Spine licence and break the EULAs - not very clever.

You can safely use DragonBones to export sprite images and use those with GMS without a problem, but using DragonBones to export .json files and using those in GMS is breaking the EULA of both GMS and Spine.

Take 2mins to search the forum - this has been discussed at length before as well as confirmed by Esoteric themselves (Nate).

With the GMS2 Spine update coming in Q1 2019 to support Spine 3.7, I'd recommend saving and buying a licence.
It's the best at what it does by a mile and it isn't worth hacking json files / breaking EULA's and putting your work at risk for the sake of the $69 it costs for Spine Essentials.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
That Spine licence window that you "just closed" without reading explained all of this - you are essentially asking for help on how to circumvent the need to buy a Spine licence and break the EULAs - not very clever.
With the GMS2 Spine update coming in Q1 2019 to support Spine 3.7, I'd recommend saving and buying a licence.
This. Sorry, topic closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.