• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Multiplayer

E

Eggyy Boi

My dream is to make a top down multiplayer game. I have the sprites, and a general plan on how it would work, but I just don't know how to port it over to multiplayer.. Every tutorial on youtube just shows you how to place dots, and I get lost in the first 5 minutes. Would anyone be able to help me? <3

Thank you for reading <3

L

LittleRobotGames

I would recommend taking a look at this example. I used this to learn about multiplayer functions in Gamemaker Studio. You can alter and experiment with this example until you feel like you get an understanding of it.

E

Eggyy Boi

I would recommend taking a look at this example. I used this to learn about multiplayer functions in Gamemaker Studio. You can alter and experiment with this example until you feel like you get an understanding of it.
This is pretty good, but is there anything for gamemaker 1.4.7, since that's the version I use

The-any-Key

I got a multiplayer add on for yoyo RPG engine. But yoyo stoped to sell it, so you need to have bought it before.
Else
My tips is to start small and work your way up. Starting with a big rpg multiplayer game is a bit hard.

E

Eggyy Boi

I got a multiplayer add on for yoyo RPG engine. But yoyo stoped to sell it, so you need to have bought it before.
Else
My tips is to start small and work your way up. Starting with a big rpg multiplayer game is a bit hard.
I'm not really aiming for a big RPG game at the moment, I just want to make a basic foundation.