Opinion Do you prefer PC / Console Gaming or MOBILE Gaming.

K12gamer

I borrowed my brother's iPhone yesterday when I went to the barber. Knew I'd be in there a
long time and would need something to do (I normally just take books / magazines).

I got bored playing mobile games very fast and switched over to watching stuff on Youtube.
I like playing games on a PC / Console...but so far...Mobile gaming doesn't do it for me.

I never played Nintendo Switch...but I think that might be a better Mobile game platform
than iPhone.

Last edited:
L

Lucia

I still prefer the PC games, also because i haven't a "powerful" phone, so the mobile games drain my battery.

K12gamer

I still prefer the PC games, also because i haven't a "powerful" phone, so the mobile games drain my battery.
The main downside to a lot of mobile games for me is the touch controls.
Games like Angry Birds work well with touch controls...but I don't want to play fighting and platform games with them.
Also games like Angry Birds work well with a mouse...but not well with thumb sticks.
Having both touch screen and thumb sticks seems to be the best set up.

Gamebot

Most everybody I know has switched over to consoles or PC.(Including myself) Generally, consoles. But there are many PC gamers out there. I never got into phone games as my phone stinks for that.

The few I know that do usually play simple games where you match as many colors combos as you can in a row. (Similar to candy crush) There are two persons I know with decent phones that play RPGs. They of course pay up the roof for those.

L

Lucia

The main downside to a lot of mobile games for me is the touch controls.
Games like Angry Birds work well with touch controls...but I don't want to play fighting and platform games with them.
Also games like Angry Birds work well with a mouse...but not well with thumb sticks.
Having both touch screen and thumb sticks seems to be the best set up.
you have right. angry birds is a perfect example of perfect game for mobile

K12gamer

I prefer home console gaming. Mostly the nintendo switch because its a goddess from above descended upon us.
Thinking about getting a SWITCH...I like how it has all the old NEO GEO games.

Note: I'd rather some of the older games be reprogrammed from the ground up so they properly fit the Switch screen without gimmicks like side bars...Example:

Note: Glad to see modern 2D classics like Shantea, Guacamelee, Velocity and Hollow Knight are or will be on Switch...

B

Binary Orange Studios

I'm a console/PC gamer. The only games I have enjoyed on mobile are Plague, INC., and Angry Birds. Almost every other game I've tried just isn't very fun due to limited touch controls.

The Nintendo Switch is pretty awesome for portable gaming, it's my favorite console after the GameCube and PS2.

W

willthetarget

I play most of my games on Switch, handheld. I'd say it's a 70/30 split between that and my PS4. Does Switch handheld count as mobile?

Thinking about getting a SWITCH...I like how it has all the old NEO GEO games.

Note: I'd rather some of the older games be reprogrammed from the ground up so they properly fit the Switch screen without gimmicks like side bars...Example:

Note: Glad to see modern 2D classics like Shantea, Guacamelee, Velocity and Hollow Knight are or will be on Switch...
The reason for the side bars is to preserve the original aspect ratio and scale the pixel graphics without deformation. Any edits to the aspect ratio and scale would make it not the same game, since some are designed around the screen space.

K12gamer

The reason for the side bars is to preserve the original aspect ratio and scale the pixel graphics without deformation. Any edits to the aspect ratio and scale would make it not the same game, since some are designed around the screen space.
Instead of direct ports...I wish they'd reprogram / remaster all those old "Box Frame" games
from the ground up...so they'd properly fit widescreen ratios.

Example...if they ever make TOMB RAIDER 1 for SWITCH...I'd rather a full screen
remastered version...rather than a box screened direct port.

Last edited:

RollyBug

I imagine remastered versions aren't worth the time and money required in most cases and that's why we don't see too many.

I used to own a Nintendo DS and for a time played stuff like Scribblenauts and Mario. They were decent though not of the quality or depth present in the best PC games. I have similar opinions of console games and don't typically prefer them either.

Psycho_666

Honestly, as of late I play more on my phone than anything else. However I built a pretty decent gaming system cause I love PC gaming. Still my favourite game of all time (patapon) is a handheld console game. So I guess I don't really mind the platform as long as the games are good .

Pfap

I don't personally own one currently though I have in the past, but Nintendo really struck gold with the DS. I was kind of disappointed when the Gameboy went away, but 14 years later and the DS may go down in history as the pinnacle of Nintendo gaming. The library of games especially with the virtual console is impressive... I wonder if it holds some kind of records? Also, some models were backwards compatible with Gameboy. So, I would say hands down the DS for hand held gaming.
Personally, all I ever really play any more is the Ps4.

A

ajan-ko

PC, because I'm PC user, lol, but PC more become expensive.

I do have PS4 tho. Mobile. I haven't yet see a good mobile games.

The only game I played right now is burriedbornes. But holy... 150$ to unlock all character? Might just use cheat engine. ;P

I have a PC for game development anyways, and I have a Nintendo Switch so I can play console games. Some games are more fun on PC, like Minecraft. Other games are more fun on console, like Hollow Knight. Of course maybe that means PC is better because if you can have a controller you can play Hollow Knight on PC just as well? Eh, I like both.

Also, Switch is not at all the same as mobile: you have actual controls. Handheld consoles might be their own category separate from traditional home consoles, but they're definitely different than mobile. Switch is sort of... both I guess? (As a metric I also think I play about 70:30 handheld with Switch, but that depends on game, and right now I don't actually have a TV anyways).

On the topic of remakes and remasters, I always want them, but only if they're good. It seems sort of random if they turn out well. The Zelda HD and 3D remakes are great. Playing OoT on 3DS was awesome. Brood War Remaster is awesome (that game is an anomaly on all counts though). Secret of Mana? Please please just port the original to a modern console so I can play that game again.

Console gamer, some PC. I don't know how any game designer could not play games by Nintendo and the other best console developers. Like composers who've never heard of Mozart, Bach, or Beethoven or the like.

E

ethian

I have a laptop, so i prefer PC gaming more than console and mobile...

I never used console because I'm embarrassed to do popular things like own a PS4 console.

D

Deleted member 13992

I prefer the tactile feel of actual buttons/keys/mice/sticks.

Screens, aside from using a drawing pen on, are completely unintuitive to me.

woodsmoke

I want to consume my favorite games on the PC (many are exclusive anyway) because I get the best experience there (excellent screen, near field speakers, hardware performance, load times, mods, controls ...)

Mobile only sometimes simple one-touch games or puzzles.
I have a PSP though for hotels, and a linux netbook with some GTA2, Re-volt, Into the Breach,..)

Last edited: