Audio Licensed or Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ethian

Greetings

I have a doubt with a certain bass...

Isn't the bass used for circus, merry go rounds, etc... used on this track, not free to use? i need a license for use it like The Beatles Songs? (Beat Bugs has The Beatles songs used with a license)

Thanks...

I think you may need a license to use that. My best bet is to make your own music, there's a freeware called "Bosca Ceoil" that you might be interested in.

E

ethian

I think you may need a license to use that.
I knew it!

And what about using christmas songs like "Jingle Bells"? License or not?

Wait! You're reffering to the main melody of the track (That is a melody also used in merry go rounds) or the entire track?

I'm pretty sure that their is some difference to the melody that differentiates the song from the orginal version. I think that's what let's toby fox use that song in his game

E

ethian

I'm reffering all this time to the melody the bottle blow sounds play during the track, not the entire track where the other instruments like piano and strings play!

That melody the bottle blow sounds play is also used in the bass of the music of merry-go-rounds, right? Can't use it for my own merry-go-round theme song for my game? Because i need to get a paid license first? What about using christmas carols?

The-any-Key

Some similarities:
to:
to:

But in the end, if you listen, these are different melodies with similar rhythm pattern.

That melody the bottle blow sounds play is also used in the bass of the music of merry-go-rounds, right? Can't use it for my own merry-go-round theme song for my game?
If it is a new melody, you should be able to use parts from other melodies. Many melodies use same/similar rhythm patterns. But you need to make the melody enough unique to create a original piece.

Last edited:
E

ethian

If it is a new melody, you should be able to use parts from other melodies.
Finally a final answer to a previous question of mine: "Can't use pieces of melodies for make my own melodies? I had seen various cases of melodies using pieces of other melodies before"
Many melodies use same/similar rhythm patterns. But you need to make the melody enough unique to create a original piece.
Thanks for everything... :)

Can't use songs like "Row your boat" or christmas carols without a license?

Can't use songs like "Row your boat" or christmas carols without a license?
I believe i already know the answer... the answer is "No", songs like those can't be used without license.

Also...

Do you imaginate a song that has the same leitmotif order, tempo and instruments than other song, but with different leitmotifs? I can't do this? Will turn out something new anyways?

Last edited by a moderator:
E

ethian

I know cartoon sounds are not free to use, and for be free to use a license must be gotten...
...what else? The rythm patterns like the circus one shown before? Drawing a shirt? Drawing a person wearing a shirt?

Status
Not open for further replies.