Cuty - Pinkbows

Hi! I have been working on my first game with Game Maker: Studio.
The game is called "Cuty Pinkbows": a simple 2D-Platform with a shop system to purchase abilities, items and skins. The gameplay is based on four different worlds, in which you have to beat three levels and the final boss in order to unlock the next one (pretty obvious! :D).

The project is quite "ambitious" and it takes me a lot of time, as all the programming and assets (soundtracks, sfx, pixel-art) are made by myself.

If you have time to play it, that would be great to have some feedback.
The game can be downloaded on my itch.io page (No installation is needed).

PS: The game is currently in alpha state, so things like graphics might totally change and bugs might occur.

Last edited:

Kapser

I'll give it to you, the hero is a cuty. It looks and feels great, although the jump is very "verticallish" with a heavy weight and felt like i was losing velocity while running and jumping was slightly frustrating to me as it revolved often on timing your jumps and sometimes punished my impatience for trying to keep a momentum. The design feels very traditionnal, the enemies, coins, lives, and fairly distanced checkpoints, that could make it very fun but hard of approach. It's a well crafted, polished and stylish game, keep up the good work!

I'll give it to you, the hero is a cuty. It looks and feels great, although the jump is very "verticallish" with a heavy weight and felt like i was losing velocity while running and jumping was slightly frustrating to me as it revolved often on timing your jumps and sometimes punished my impatience for trying to keep a momentum. The design feels very traditionnal, the enemies, coins, lives, and fairly distanced checkpoints, that could make it very fun but hard of approach. It's a well crafted, polished and stylish game, keep up the good work!
Hey! Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciated that! Unfortunately, jumping is one of the things that need to be optimized.
I will upload a new alpha version on itch.io that will hopefully fix some issues, in these days. It will also include a prototype of the boss stage.
Anyway, thank you for playing!

L

Lucia

oh, wow. few pixel, great animation, perfect design! I like it! I not so sure about the HUD. the life bar looks different from the other elements.

oh, wow. few pixel, great animation, perfect design! I like it! I not so sure about the HUD. the life bar looks different from the other elements.
Thank you!I don't know if you downloaded the game on itch.io, but the screenshots are old, I've changed the HUD in the current version.

D

DirectShift

+ graphics are amazing
+ title music is ok... the sax sound and timing is a bit off
+ jumping is too fast! like it has a lot of vertical speed and gravity.
+ how do i read the messages??? where are the controls???
+ music is fine, however, the music for the first level doesn't fit in my opinion
+ I found no way to exit the game, that's... important. I mean, I pressed escape but nothing happened. I had to use task manager.
+ I think the game is nice, it's cute and well developed. It needs a lot of polishing obviously
+ fix the jumping, that's important
+ do you plan to add some plot?
+ also, your style (music, graphic, dynamics) resembles a lot to mine, you should test my game (rabbit's quest) I'm sure you are going to like it.

R

Robert Richards

I liked your Pinkbows game. The main character or the hero is very cute and artful. But the overall game design and structure is very traditional. I felt that I am playing those old days mobile games. And also when the hero is jumping and running down the stairs, it seems that it's very heavy and jumping too much. I felt the absence of reality. Anyway good game, I liked paying it. Keep it up.

+ graphics are amazing
+ title music is ok... the sax sound and timing is a bit off
+ jumping is too fast! like it has a lot of vertical speed and gravity.
+ how do i read the messages??? where are the controls???
+ music is fine, however, the music for the first level doesn't fit in my opinion
+ I found no way to exit the game, that's... important. I mean, I pressed escape but nothing happened. I had to use task manager.
+ I think the game is nice, it's cute and well developed. It needs a lot of polishing obviously
+ fix the jumping, that's important
+ do you plan to add some plot?
+ also, your style (music, graphic, dynamics) resembles a lot to mine, you should test my game (rabbit's quest) I'm sure you are going to like it.
Thank you for your advices, I will keep them in mind. I hope I will fix some of the main issues with the next updates. There was a Tutorial section, but it is currently replaced with the shop.
Regarding the plot, I have something that still needs to be drawn and programmed.
I will test your game for sure!