• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Graphics Feedback on character.

A

Afletch88

This is my first time doing any real game art, I've mainly only made flat design characters and such, and a few things. Any opinions on color and such would be great, I'm very open to any feedback.

He has like dual lightsaber-esque claws on each his hands. I plan to control the beam and such through player input eventually.

L

Lucia

it's nice, but yhe "dual lightsaber-esque claws" are not so "clear". When I see them, I don't undestand what they are. And I'm not so sure about his feet. The beard is amazing

A

Afletch88

it's nice, but yhe "dual lightsaber-esque claws" are not so "clear". When I see them, I don't undestand what they are. And I'm not so sure about his feet. The beard is amazing
Yeah, I forgot to mention they're only visible when your in combat, my apologies. The feet I wasn't too sure on myself. And thanks about the beard! :) Here is a somewhat revamped version, I really like. I'm trying to get a flowing cape working but animating it is so rigid.

L

Lucia

in this one I don't like the "cloat-border". It has no flat style. I also prefer the style beard of the previous (not symmetric and without shadow). Sorry :(
the feet now are perfect.

A

Afletch88

in this one I don't like the "cloat-border". It has no flat style. I also prefer the style beard of the previous (not symmetric and without shadow). Sorry :(
the feet now are perfect.
Yeah, with the cloak it's kinda hard to keep it fully flat, because I want the tattering effect, while playing around with looks and such I've decided to make his right arm missing, and I'll have some sort of weapon affixed
to it, kinda like Ash vs Evil Dead style.

L

Lucia

replacing the green with the violet (about the shirt) he is more "dark" :)

A

Afletch88

replacing the green with the violet (about the shirt) he is more "dark" :)
Yeah I figured with the hood if he had a brighter color it just wouldn't look right, thanks for all the feedback by the way :)

Niels

His legs look a bit long compared to his body, other than that it's pretty cool flat design:) (love flat design!)