Discussion There's a way that I can get an license (free or not) of older GM version (nor GMS2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

ythugarada

well I wanted to use make and distribute games with older versions of GMS because I couldn't get an older version from GMS when I could and upgrading to GMS2 by force is uncomfortable and sometime's discusting

Y

ythugarada

but the problem is that I want to make a game in GMS (1.4) and I can't publish without having the risk of something happen to my game or me

Mercerenies

upgrading to GMS2 by force is uncomfortable and sometime's discusting
Feel I need to address this. If you already have a GMS1 license, they're still honoring those, and you can download a new copy off the website. If you don't already have one, then you're not upgrading. You're purchasing. And you can't buy an old version of GM for the same reason you can't (legally) buy Windows 98 or Microsoft Word 2.0. That's not, erm, "discusting". It's progress. There's no forced upgrade happening here.

Y

ythugarada

but strangely I can download it (on account manager site), it's that suposed to be?

Edit: It say's professional edition

Last edited by a moderator:

Mercerenies

Are you referring to the yoyogames.com website? If you can download it from there, then you already have a license and must have forgotten about it. If you're talking about a different website, then I have doubts as to the legitimacy of that download.

Status
Not open for further replies.