(Beginner) Gamer maker studio 2 exporting and publishing question

N

nscrivanich112325

Hello everyone. Would I be able to export a game maker studio 2 trial version project and import it into a creator version of game maker studio 2 and then publish it on a website? Also, would I be able to publish a gamer maker game on a website at all with the creator version? I got a guy who is good with word press and HTML 5, but I want to know if it would even be possible to do it, thanks!

rIKmAN

Hello everyone. Would I be able to export a game maker studio 2 trial version project and import it into a creator version of game maker studio 2 and then publish it on a website? Also, would I be able to publish a gamer maker game on a website at all with the creator version? I got a guy who is good with word press and HTML 5, but I want to know if it would even be possible to do it, thanks!
The creator version only allows you to export to Windows or Mac (depending on the version of Creator you buy).

To export to HTML you would need to purchase the HTML5 Licence.

N

nscrivanich112325

The creator version only allows you to export to Windows or Mac (depending on the version of Creator you buy).

To export to HTML you would need to purchase the HTML5 Licence.
oh ok, that's unfortunate. Would there be anyway to publish a game on a web page with just the creator licence?

sylvain_l

oh ok, that's unfortunate. Would there be anyway to publish a game on a web page with just the creator licence?
no; just read the selling page; creator are just a 12-month export to 1 OS limited edition.

if you want to export to HTML5 you need the developper web version.

N

nscrivanich112325

no; just read the selling page; creator are just a 12-month export to 1 OS limited edition.

if you want to export to HTML5 you need the developper web version.
ok, so let's say that I get the developer version of game maker studio 2, will I be able to export a project from a game maker studio 2 trial version and import it into a developer version of game maker studio 2 and then publish it on a website?

rIKmAN

ok, so let's say that I get the developer version of game maker studio 2, will I be able to export a project from a game maker studio 2 trial version and import it into a developer version of game maker studio 2 and then publish it on a website?
Any project you create and save in the trial version of GMS2 is able to be loaded into the full version and exported to whatever platform you own the licences for (ie. HTML5).
Bare in mind some GML functions aren't supported on all platforms, this is usually mentioned in the manual entry for each specific function.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

No rudeness intended, but we get way too many topics like this. If people would just read the features included with each edition on the download page, these hundreds of threads wouldn't exist.

Reactions: Yal
N

nscrivanich112325

Any project you create and save in the trial version of GMS2 is able to be loaded into the full version and exported to whatever platform you own the licences for (ie. HTML5).
Bare in mind some GML functions aren't supported on all platforms, this is usually mentioned in the manual entry for each specific function.
ok, thank you for the response. I guess I'll have to get the developer version.

sylvain_l

No rudeness intended, but we get way too many topics like this. If people would just read the features included with each edition on the download page, these hundreds of threads wouldn't exist.
Funny I had kinda the same thought when responding earlier. But reading you writing it, make me realise one important thing:

Even if you read it, it doesn't prove a thing; those selling page are often wrote by marketing staff who's primarly job is just make you buy. (just read the "read more" of any developer version: "SWF / Spine Support" - no mention of any kind of limitation ^^'). So those who ask, are perhaps sometimes those who read well and ask for confirmation, precision because they know what they are reading. ;)

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Also, it's still possible to host an executable on a website even with the Creator version, right? (As the old-fashioned "download" thing, rather than an HTML5 app, that is). That would be a middle ground worth considering.