• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android [SOLVED] Could not find play-services-tasks-license.aar

I

imineti

Hello, every time I try to compile my app for android I keep getting a FAILED to build message in the compiler and it says the reason why is because >

Could not find play-services-tasks-license.aar

I have searched all over Google and over the forums and have only found 4 threads, none of which had any answers except 2 which did not work.

I deleted my gradle folder in the User folder
and I set my minimum SDK to 14 but neither of these fixed the problem

I have just finished an app but I can't even compile it for it to be released
has anybody else had this problem? does anybody have a solution?
I'm sure this thread will be helpful to all those who have had the same problem and couldn't find the answer anywhere like me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

I

imineti

SOLVED (Had to post again because it won't let me edit for some reason, SORRY)

open notepad file>open
go to
ProgramData>GameMakerStudio2>Cache>runtimes>runtime-2.1.5.246>android\runner>RootFiles
set file type (next to input box) from .txt to all
open build.gradle
once opened
under the bracket that says
allprojects {
find and cut
maven {
url "https://maven.google.com"
}
and paste before jcenter()

this will fix the error

afterwards I had another error this was fixed by editing the manifest (I think Google Service Extension altered it)

go to
ProgramData>GameMakerStudio2>Cache>runtimes>runtime-2.1.5.246>android>runner>ProjectFiles>src>main
right click on AndroidManifest
press edit
once opened hold control and press F
search for ${YYAndroidTVBanner}
delete
but keep the triangle bracket (>) on the end

and you should be good to go!

I hope this helped. God bless!

Traversal

Where is your solution? Thread is marked as solved?!
Got the same error on my other machine and could not fix it.

Doomed Google Play Services 3.0.5 …..

I

imineti

Where is your solution? Thread is marked as solved?!
Got the same error on my other machine and could not fix it.

Doomed Google Play Services 3.0.5 …..
It's the second comment mate, I've tested it and it compiled and the app worked.

Traversal

Thank you. Could not see comment two.

It worked. Support should add this in the next (urgent) update!!

It does for some reason only work with Runtime v2.1.5.246 for me!

G

Guest User

I have this issue popping up, I asked gamemaker and they sent me to this form. I am currently using version GMS 4.1.9999. This is my error.

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring project ':com.example.project'.
> Could not find play-services-tasks-license.aar (com.google.android.gms:play-services-tasks-license:11.8.0).
Searched in the following locations:
https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/goo...11.8.0/play-services-tasks-license-11.8.0.aar

If you know how to fix this or have any clues on how, please replay.

J

Jeff Short

open notepad file>open
go to
ProgramData>GameMakerStudio2>Cache>runtimes>runtime-2.1.5.246>android\runner>RootFiles
set file type (next to input box) from .txt to all
open build.gradle
once opened
under the bracket that says
allprojects {
find and cut
maven {
url "https://maven.google.com"
}
and paste before jcenter()
This fix worked for me with two exceptions...

First because I was working in v1.4.1804 I had to do a bit of hunting to find the build.gradle file. For me it was in my Cache folder, under Cache>(name of project)>Android>Default.

Second, I had to change the build.graddle file to read-only in the properties, otherwise Game Maker would just overwrite the file and the edits would be lost. After doing this I was able to compile for Android no problem.

If anyone else is experiencing problems with the above solution, I hope this may help.

I

imineti

I have this issue popping up, I asked gamemaker and they sent me to this form. I am currently using version GMS 4.1.9999. This is my error.

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring project ':com.example.project'.
> Could not find play-services-tasks-license.aar (com.google.android.gms:play-services-tasks-license:11.8.0).
Searched in the following locations:
https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/goo...11.8.0/play-services-tasks-license-11.8.0.aar

If you know how to fix this or have any clues on how, please replay.
Check the second comment mate I posted full instructions there. A new poster said they had other issues using version 1.4 so reference the comment previous to this one if you are using that version.

Last edited by a moderator: