Confession Thread

E

ethian

I confess i'm making my game just for personal use only, and making it bad... so bad, it's good....
...just kidding...
I'm actually making nothing but still watching those children's shows... and i also confess i'll take a break from those children's shows in November for some reason...
I don't like chocolate.
Because it disgusts you? I accept it... sorry.
HOLY CRAP
I confess that... for some reason, that expression makes me laugh, especially when i take it very literal.

E

ethian

I also confess Undertale gave me the inspiration of create my own game, and i seen other people that confessed the same.

M

Misu

Ok this is getting annoying. Confessions are not made so often you know. If you are posting confessions this frequent then theyre just random thoughts for pushing (or even spamming) this thread for no valuable reason. You actually have no purpose into bumping the thread like this therefore you better off leaving this thread alone after the first post you make make. Lot of people here who posted more than once in here takes more than a few months to post something new ... but days? I dont think so.

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
I have a confession and its one im going to get judged heavily for, so I ask that you not message me about it
and that only view it if you really want to know other wise just skip over it okay? Im only doing it as a way to get it off my chest.

I had second thoughts

[REDACTED 11/3/18 7:56pm EST]

Last edited:
E

ethian

I confess i don't do anything ilegal because i'm afraid of do that... especially piracy, so, instead of downloading music illegaly, i make my own music with LMMS and Audacity (Free Tools) using free soundfonts, and writing the melodies and chords on my keyboard.
Also, i prefer free tools instead of cracked trialware ones.
What do you think?

D

Dark

I have an unhealthy obsession with starting new series of games and shows and leaving them unfinished when I get bored after a few hours, and then when I want to come back to them a year later I have to restart to remind myself of what happened and it feels like a chore so I never go back to them.

M

Misu

@Dark that is pretty much what everyone here gets as well so youre not the only one. I know i have the same problem too.

T

trentallain

I have a confession: I'm actually 17 not 18. I lied about my age to make this account a couple of years ago :D

S

Sam (Deleted User)

I used to take showers with my dad. However I won't tell you how old I was when I grew out of that. I want everyone to use their imagination.

Simon Gust

I confess that I still wore diapers at the age of 5.
I confess that I still used support wheels at the age of 8 when driving a bike.
I confess that I still couldn't tie my shoes at the age of 8 aswell.
I confess that I still needed to wear arm floats at the age of 10.

Just realizing how unable I was back then.

D

Deleted member 467

So yeah, see y'all in November or something lol. Maybe by then I can finally do gamedev again.
Well hello there, i see this thread became kinda spammy. Like, very spammy. Okay that's enough old man ranting, time for my update/confession thing.

I actually started doing a bit of gamedev. small things, very small things. In a really bad spot in life now so I don't have much time for that.

So what's new with me and why do I lack time for things.

Kind of an orphan now. Well, my biological parent is - but her husband turned out to be pretty sleezy so yeah . . . Like dudes, especially y'all young and angsty teenagers, tell your parents you love them. You never know if like, they might develop cancer that you mistake for a smaller illness, they fall asleep into a brain damaged coma for about a month, or just real life man. Just tell your parents you love them, get photos of them. And videos. Lots of them. You're gonna want those one day. I don't have as many as I'd like.
(Please don't DM me or whatever saying sorry, you're here for me, or want to talk about it. That's not what I'm here for, and that stuff just makes me feel weird. This is as much as I'm willing to discuss it.)

Enough crying let's move on to some happier stuff.
I should be getting my AA next Spring or Summer. probably summer because I still need Calc 3 for my Uni Transfer requirements, and I have so many math credits that math classes don't count towards my financial aid. So in order to take a math class I have to at least take one other class in order to pay for it.

And hobbies have helped me out a bit. Pianos and comics. they keep me happy. and a couple months ago i ordered my first physical comic, which is pretty nice.

alright that's enough out of me, see y'all in like in February or whatever.

(mods if you aren't okay with me posting these confession/updates here please tell me and I will stop or remove this if i can)

D

Deleted member 467

Mostly into Marvel - just been reading different heroes and story arcs and stuff
Personal Favorites
Ultimate Spider-Man (until the events after Ultimatum. kinda hated what they did after that)
Secret Wars (first time)
Moon Knight 2016 (i really love the art in this short series)

The physical one I bought was Ultimate Spider-Man Ultimate Collection 3, because that's when Ultimate Venom appears. I was gonna get the Carnage one, too, but I remembered I hated that story arc

edit: i would include Infinity Gauntlet on that list because they start with the Snap and they show how powerful the Infinity Stones are - but Thanos is just embarrassingly sad there. He's basically that one friend who needs to get laid and that just builds up as rage in him.

Secret Wars was pretty cool, I enjoyed the new one as well, 💩💩💩💩 was bonkers!

I pretty much only read Marvel stuff too, as well as a handful of other random stuff sometimes.
I've been reading every Marvel book since their NOW! relaunch a few years ago(From Avengers vs X-men onward) but before that I just read a handful of things that just kept expanding, as well as a bunch of the big events(Civil War and Secret Invasion, all the way to Dark Reign)
I could never get into the Ultimate Universe stuff, only good thing that came from it in my opinion was Miles Morales, but he's fully integrated into mainline now so yay.

Moon Knight 2016 was so great, I have the first five issues physical.

L

Lucia

when I was a little girl I made my first game using ripped assets from SNES games and I said to my friends that I made them.

Rivo

I genuinely hope your life gets better for you @Barvix I can relate on some levels... Just remember that no one can help you more than yourself, I guess... idk I forget that sometimes. Good luck! :)

when I was a little girl I made my first game using ripped assets from SNES games and I said to my friends that I made them.
Well that's creative at least!

B

bloober

I think going to college (university for people not in the US) is a waste of time. I'm only going right now to please my family

E

ethian

I confess most of my content (Including my language, my way of write, my hand drawn style, my swear word and junk food problem, my Undertale and Nat Geo Kids inspirations, ideas like Nuts Goners and others) are not actually mine, they're all from an acquitance of mine that... we're actually close friends! I didn't knew what to do before, until that friend gave me ideas... showed me Undertale, Nat Geo Kids and others... and even teached me to write and draw! As well as others...!
It was fun while it lasted!

matharoo

manualman
GameMaker Dev.
Oh wow, a confession thread. Okay, let's see...

I confess that I cheated on GameMaker, in 2015, by using the Unity engine for a few months.

E

ethian

I confess my shooter game idea where you isn't actually mine, too, it's from my friend... and now my friend is making concept art of a bullet hell game where its "Soak or be Soaked" with that idea.

Kepons

Lost The Bet
I confess most of my content (Including my language, my way of write, my hand drawn style, my swear word and junk food problem, my Undertale and Nat Geo Kids inspirations, ideas like Nuts Goners and others) are not actually mine, they're all from an acquitance of mine that... we're actually close friends! I didn't knew what to do before, until that friend gave me ideas... showed me Undertale, Nat Geo Kids and others... and even teached me to write and draw! As well as others...!
Is your friend, by any chance, imaginary?

Ninety

haha yeah it was my friend who sent that lollll, crazy right

anyway wyd tho?

A

ajan-ko

When I was a kid, I running naked in front of the house. My parents reactions is so unbelievable.

Man, fun times.

Last edited:

Niels

I confess cheating on gamemaker for her prettier sister called unity, only to return to gamemaker every few weeks because she is less demanding and generally more fun to be with...

M

Misty

I confess I hate putting in tiles into the game, it takes so much work and makes me feel drained even if I listen to music while I do it, and that I would much rather be playing games but instead I sit down and put in the tiles.

I wish there was just an easier way to put in tiles to the room.

I confess I hate putting in tiles into the game, it takes so much work and makes me feel drained even if I listen to music while I do it, and that I would much rather be playing games but instead I sit down and put in the tiles.

I wish there was just an easier way to put in tiles to the room.
Ugh, yes. Turning my art into tiles and then using those tiles in a room are both extremely boring and time consuming. Probably one of the most annoying things about making a game to me. It's one of the few things that always makes me think "ugh, I wish I had an assistant for this." Super tedious! :x

M

Misty

Ugh, yes. Turning my art into tiles and then using those tiles in a room are both extremely boring and time consuming. Probably one of the most annoying things about making a game to me. It's one of the few things that always makes me think "ugh, I wish I had an assistant for this." Super tedious! :x
Yeah it is, and like half of the tilesets you use don't even properly seamless, so you have to spend extra hours just fixing the mistakes of the creator.

Yeah it is, and like half of the tilesets you use don't even properly seamless, so you have to spend extra hours just fixing the mistakes of the creator.
Ah, I make my own tiles, so I don't have that problem. I have the problem of having to make all my own tiles though, so I'm not sure how good that trade is, hahah. X'D

M

Misty

Ah, I make my own tiles, so I don't have that problem. I have the problem of having to make all my own tiles though, so I'm not sure how good that trade is, hahah. X'D
I tried to make my own but they weren't seamless, found some online and it's random, sometimes they are properly configured other times not

@Siolfor the Jackal: I did the same before when I made my random cave generator, but the code was very single purpose. I need to build an actual level editor at some point, but I don't really know where to start. Don't know how to save or load rooms or anything. On my to-do list though, before I start building full levels. The regular editor is super tedious to work with...