• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android [SOLVED]APK won't build for Android

T

Thunder Lion

Okay to the point then, I am trying to build the APK for android, to be clear I have all the settings correct as far as testing out my game on my Android devices (I've done them already, it works) but the issue is I get this error while trying to build:

----------------
C:\WINDOWS\system32\subst.exe DONE (0)
System.Exception: Build Failed
at ..(YYDictionary`2 , String , String , Boolean , String )
at Igor.AndroidBuilder.Package()Igor complete.
elapsed time 00:00:12.7336734s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.3.189/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\Erick Rosa\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -- Android Package started at 02/07/2018 10:57:13
"cmd" /c subst Y: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.3968493s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: /d started at 02/07/2018 10:57:26
FAILED: Package Program Complete

----------------

What is the issue??

Okay so I'm attempting a fix: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001624867-Compiling-Your-Android-App

I reviewed this page and now am trying their directed approach, I will update.

Same issue the java.io.... keeps making the error?

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Thunder Lion

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* Where:
Settings file 'X:\settings.gradle' line: 1

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred evaluating settings ''.
> java.io.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 1.052 secs

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe DONE (1)
C:\WINDOWS\system32\subst.exe /d X:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\subst.exe DONE (0)
System.Exception: Build Failed
at ..(YYDictionary`2 , String , String , Boolean , String )
at Igor.AndroidBuilder.Package()Igor complete.
elapsed time 00:00:11.8280846s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.3.189/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\Erick Rosa\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -- Android Package started at 02/07/2018 11:02:10
"cmd" /c subst Y: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.3988304s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: /d started at 02/07/2018 11:02:21
FAILED: Package Program Complete

G

Gabriel

Did you manage to solve the issue? I'm getting it right now :(

M

MarkGuilams

Did you manage to solve the issue? I'm getting it right now :(
I'm having the exact same issue. Android just doesn't work with GMS2. It's a fact we'll just have to contend with.

Mool

I have that sometimes too. After clearing cache and/or restart GM it works.

Is therea lint report?