GML NEED HELP: Bringing my background layer's tiles to life

E

E4gy

I wanna make a Kirby inspired wall-of-death out of my my background tiles. It should look like this, but a bit faster:

[NOTE: THIS REQUEST WILL BE RE-UPLOADED SOON DUE TO A CLUMSY MISTAKE I MADE (read comments)]

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Danei

That video you linked is 4 and a half hours long... which part is the "wall of death"?

TheouAegis

I just realized that was a four hour movie and now my data must be through the roof! LOL

if you mean a Wall of Death such that there is a wall moving behind you and if you do not stay ahead of it, you will die, classically that's just done with a variable that increments. The player is not allowed to go past that variable, so if the wall is moving from left to right, the player will not be able to have an x coordinate less than that variable. if the player's coordinate is less than that variabl, you push the player out. He then track if he is colliding with any normal, impossible to rain. If he is, you kill him.

Alternatively in studio 2, you can put the moving wall on its own layer and then move that layer.

E

E4gy

I just realized that was a four hour movie and now my data must be through the roof! LOL

if you mean a Wall of Death such that there is a wall moving behind you and if you do not stay ahead of it, you will die, classically that's just done with a variable that increments. The player is not allowed to go past that variable, so if the wall is moving from left to right, the player will not be able to have an x coordinate less than that variable. if the player's coordinate is less than that variabl, you push the player out. He then track if he is colliding with any normal, impossible to rain. If he is, you kill him.

Alternatively in studio 2, you can put the moving wall on its own layer and then move that layer.
Oh what a bummer, something went totally wrong with the video. Instead of just showing one scene it accidentally loaded the whole video.

I'll have to re-upload the request. I'm sorry for that clumsy error