Job Offer - Programmer [Paid] $2000 to the person who codes my *complex* mmo

G

GMB76

Game will have pixel graphics, attacks, items, spells, etc., a sword and sorcery mmorpg. Looking for a full service programmer to code the game. Serious work=serious pay. -GMB

JeffJ

I'm curious as to what it entails, because from the sounds of it, you're looking for someone to code the entire game. Or maybe you mean "just" the infrastructure for client/server communication?

No matter the case, I reckon it would take a fair bit more than a month's worth of work, and what you're offering isn't even half the average monthly wage for someone in that field. As such, currently it's hard to take this seriously. Can you provide more details on the actual scope of work expected? Right now there's not really a lot of reference for a fairly low and arbitrary figure.

S

Steevo

Wow $2000???

Must be missing a couple of zero's for a role like that.

Get back to me when you are actually 'serious' about the pay and we will chat.

The-any-Key

$2000 for a complete game is possible. $2000 for a complete mmo is impossible. If you start from scratch you would need around 3000-10000 hours to code this. Sure, it depends on what you actually want. But the salary could become $0.2 / hour with the current budget.

S

Steevo

$2000 for a complete game is possible.
Even this is a stretch.

At my normal day job hourly rate, I'd have to code the complete game in 40 hours.

One week to code a commercial grade game? Not gonna happen.

The-any-Key

Even this is a stretch.
True.

I have seen freelancers that only take around $6. This would give him around 333 hours.
333 hours for a single-player pixel RPG can be achievable.

$50/hour: He would need a $500 000 budget.
With my rate of $24/hour he still need a $240 000 budget.

But he can't expect a single coder to code for 5 years on the same project. He would need a team of coders.

Last edited:
S

Steevo

$2000 is still a joke for a project of this magnitude.

He will still get lots of kids signing up to do it though and he'll learn over time the reality of it as he goes through coder over coder.

The thing is, I bet he won't pay a cent until the task is completed. In the end, no one will come out a winner.

Z

ZaleFoo

Game will have pixel graphics, attacks, items, spells, etc., a sword and sorcery mmorpg. Looking for a full service programmer to code the game. Serious work=serious pay. -GMB
This guy blocked me after 2 days of chatting for no reason.

I proposed to help him for free until things started flowing, considering what i've learned by talking to him this project is very unlikely to be completed at this rate.