Alpha [WIP] Damned Tower: A casual rogue like.

NicoFIDI

Damned Tower
  • Genre: Roguelike, Dungeon crawler, Survival (resource management).
  • GM version: GMS 1.4
  • Platforms: Android, Windows
  • Download link (Itch.io): v00_08_01
The game:
The damned tower is a dungeon crawler where every move consumes energy, and when you are out of energy your run ends.

The features:
  • Procedurally generated maps
  • Inventory
  • Magic casting system by symbols
  • Consumable magic by scrolls (shift from run to run).
  • Multiple hazards and obstacles.

The feedback:
I appreciate any feedback (Things that are not clear, for example).
Bug report, any thought on what's missing will do too.
There are lot's of features that I will implement, yet which one to prioritize it's not clear for me.

PD: Hi, this is my hobby project.
It is flawed but I made it with a lot of effort and love.
If you find some spare time I would be grateful to you if you check it out.

Attachments

Last edited:

Nehemek

Allright so, here are my thoughts:
  • It needs some instructions, it took me a while to figure out how to use items (by right clicking), however not every item behaves the same way.
  • In my first play I made it to a room that seemed to not have an exit, only a locked door.
  • On my second playthough I made it to a similar room and found a key, however I tried right clicking next to the door nothing happened, moving towards it while the key was equiped and didn't do a thing either. After that I got frustrated and closed the game, maybe I'll give it another try later.

NicoFIDI

Allright so, here are my thoughts:
  • It needs some instructions, it took me a while to figure out how to use items (by right clicking), however not every item behaves the same way.
  • In my first play I made it to a room that seemed to not have an exit, only a locked door.
  • On my second playthough I made it to a similar room and found a key, however I tried right clicking next to the door nothing happened, moving towards it while the key was equiped and didn't do a thing either. After that I got frustrated and closed the game, maybe I'll give it another try later.
Ohhh...
I'm really really sorry.
That link is old.

That project got corrupted (I still don't know why)
And I had to re-make it from scratch.
Now the link will take you to the intended version.

Again sorry.

There are no instructions still, I'll work into something easy to understand.
Thanks for the feedback.
And sorry again... :oops:

NicoFIDI

Addition
  • infectum: The scroll effect infectum has been added the same generates a pool of water on the spot of the player
Update
  • Scroll system update: there are now more efects than images, so every run choose 5 of those efects to assign to scrolls
  • ostendere: For the scroll ostenedere now the outside of the game stays in black
  • ELECTRICAE: One of the interactions of electricae with the enviroment has been changed
Fixes
  • Ubuntu build: The error where an entity searched out of bounds for the ubuntu build has been fixed.
  • Mermaid song: The bug where the song notes went through the walls has been fixed.

NicoFIDI

Addition
  • Player Classes: When you start a run you will have one randomly assigned.
    • Monk - There's a chance he won't trigger or get damage from the spiked floors.
    • Knight (original) - There's a chance he won't get damaged from the wall traps.
    • Plague Doctor - There's a chance he won't get damage from the gas.
  • SALIRE: a new spell that catapults you in a straight line.
Update
  • Enemy drop: Now there's a chance the enemy drops bread and a chance they drop a scroll
Fixes
  • Mermaid song: The bug where the song notes went through the transparent obstacles has been fixed.
  • Watcher: Now it won't spawn on the last floor.