Zombie Run game: Need feed back?

B

Bandit Anansi

Last edited by a moderator:
C

ConsolCWBY

So far, it's really cool. A few problems though:
1) If you don't shoot the zombies for a while, the instance count begins to lag the game. Frame rate got choppy until I killed a bunch.
2) For some reason, I thought I could double jump or wall jump. Wall jump would be cool, double might make it too easy... I'll have to play some more to be sure.

Other than that, it's looking good for a start. I think this could be a really fun game.
This is BETA form for people to try out
(Really it's more alpha than beta... lol sry for nitpicking)

B

Bandit Anansi

So far, it's really cool. A few problems though:
1) If you don't shoot the zombies for a while, the instance count begins to lag the game. Frame rate got choppy until I killed a bunch.
2) For some reason, I thought I could double jump or wall jump. Wall jump would be cool, double might make it too easy... I'll have to play some more to be sure.

Other than that, it's looking good for a start. I think this could be a really fun game.

(Really it's more alpha than beta... lol sry for nitpicking)
Think you for your input although,
I don't think I want to put a wall jump in there ( I want the game to be challenging) however I will consider when placing RPG elements in the game.Also I do have one issue with the vertical moving platforms. You can't really move with the character unless you jump. I need to fix this

O

omar_almighty

Wasn't able to test it. think it'd be easier if you provided a dropbox link or something. :)

KurtBlissZ

Don't name the topic for your game "Can anyone give me feedback for my game?" Name it something that relates to your game, then maybe a comment about feedback like, "Zombie Runner, looking for feedback"

And provide downloads to your game, yoyogame’s player doesn't work for everyone. Even though I think it’s cool to include it but most people just want a non-installer demo in a zip folder. Then make your screenshots only include you game and not your whole desktop.

Edit: This also relates to your game design topic, I posted in the wrong forum while giving you feedback about getting feedback I posted this in the wrong topic by mistake.:p

KurtBlissZ

The game is kind of neat, I like the part where your like on a hill and your waiting for the platform to come down, also seeing how you just run and shoot zombies I like the idea. The spikes where a nice addition to in the later levels. Your level design is really good.

You should also add the WASD keys to move around, it's basically a standard when it comes to games that uses a keyboard and mouse.

The room views needs to be more consistent, and the menu screens being stretched looks awful.

I got stuck here, the gun fires just too slow for the red guy, that comes at you. I think I ended up dyingand ended up with a gun that fires too slow.