Forum Game ★ Wish Upon A Star [7/∞] - Turn 9 - Reached the Cyberpunk Era ★

Lukasmah

If I step on a jazz space and then go in some direction, where do I end up? It's 2 tiles wide, after all.

Also, can you add token sprites to the reference?

Last edited:
R

rougebare

If I step on a jazz space and then go in some direction, where do I end up? It's 2 tiles wide, after all.

Also, can you add token sprites to the reference?
If you noticed, I passed the jazz spaee without incident. It's effect is on landing on the space.

R

rougebare

I'd suggest doing something similar to what i did last turn. Up onto the space rougebare is currently on for example.

Mercerenies

Turn 9 - The Deportgate Scandal

Players

roytheshort - 9/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV
* Gavel of Justice - This item can be used once per turn. Select a non-player token on the same or an adjacent space. Over the next turn, all players will be allowed to vote on whether that token is guilty or innocent (a player can simply refuse to vote, which is different than an innocent vote). If the token gets more guilty votes than innocent ones, it is removed from the field at the end of that turn.
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

Lukasmah - 10/10 HP; 4 [+2] ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV; 1 gold coin
* Sliceum Sabre - +2 ATK. This item is destroyed if it is ever dropped or used in combat.
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

rougebare - 10/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV; 1 gold coin [Air Bender - 1 Turn]
* Boa Destructor - As long as you hold this item, any Boa Constructor Body tokens on the space you occupy are removed from the field. This has no effect on Boa Constructor Head tokens.
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

Mr Magnus - 10/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV; 1 gold coin
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

Kepons - 7/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV; 1 gold coin
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

Snake is Pink - 10/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

New Effects
* Gavel of Justice - This item can be used once per turn. Select a non-player token on the same or an adjacent space. Over the next turn, all players will be allowed to vote on whether that token is guilty or innocent (a player can simply refuse to vote, which is different than an innocent vote). If the token gets more guilty votes than innocent ones, it is removed from the field at the end of that turn.

Items / Tokens
* Donald Trump (x5) (5 MOV)
* Bottle of Rum (upper right)
* Boa Constructor Head (x4) (3 MOV)
* Boa Constructor Body (x?) (?/3 HP)
* Wall (1/3 HP; 0 ATK; 0 MOV)
* Geoff Brown (5 MOV)
* Mr Insult (30/30 HP; 4 MOV)
* Super-Cool Guy (10/10 HP; 4 ATK; 4 MOV)
* Photographer (3 MOV)

Happenings
* rougebare made some Happy Faces very happy. +6 HP
* And lo, the Elemental Space said unto rougebare, thou art an Air Bender... for one turn!
* The shop gave roytheshort a Gavel of Justice.
* Lukasmah made Happy Faces happy. +6 HP
* Kepons made a Happy Face happy. +3 HP
* Kepons launched a bomb at the space to the left of Start. It will hit next turn, dealing damage to anyone on or near it. Players on Start are, of course, safe. The Bomb Lobber will be usable again in 4 turns.
* Donald Trump converted some Agony Spaces.
* Donald Trump did his double deport maneuver... twice on the same turn, and scared off a Grumpy Face.
* Mr Insult got deported twice. Whoever wished him into existence should have probably wished for a better AI.
* Mr Insult threw an insult at Donald Trump, but it didn't stick because he's on Start. He also threw an insult at the crosshair, but it didn't stick because that's not a token.
* Several Boa bodies disappear. Poor Geoff the lawyer can't catch a break, as he plunges into the ocean.
* Two Happy Faces became Grumpy Faces next to the airplane crash site on the right side of the map.

Announcements
* The Jazz Space has eight entrypoints and eight exit points. If you're on the Jazz Space, simply saying "Up" is ambiguous and insufficient. You need to specify "Up to the Boa body" or the like. If Jazz is in effect, either of the spaces that are in the appropriate direction count as continuing to move in that direction, so you may choose either in that case.
* I hope you all understand. If the game continues like this, the board is going to end up being a big ocean surrounded by Grumpy Faces, and nobody will ever have any clue where they're going when they move.
* Lukasmah made a wish despite not being at the Altar. His wish for token sprites has been granted.

R

rougebare

up 3 left 2, I do not wish to trigger space effects, so they can stay happy if a token also passes.

Mercerenies

Turn 10 - Saxophonification

All players are afflicted with Jazz. You may only move in one direction this turn.

Players

roytheshort - 9/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

Lukasmah - 10/10 HP; 4 [+2] ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV; 2 gold coins
* Sliceum Sabre - +2 ATK. This item is destroyed if it is ever dropped or used in combat.
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

rougebare - 10/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV; 1 gold coin
* Boa Destructor - As long as you hold this item, any Boa Constructor Body tokens on the space you occupy are removed from the field. This has no effect on Boa Constructor Head tokens.
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

Kepons - 8/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV; 1 gold coin
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

New Effects
* Graveyard Soil (brown space with inverted red five-point star in corner) - A Zombie who passes this space heals 2 HP. A non-Zombie player who passes this space takes 2 damage.
* Unholy Temple (dark red space with inverted red five-point star) - A player who lands on this space can make a single wish, as though he were at the Altar. To do so, that player must sacrifice one item from his inventory. All melee damage taken on this space is doubled. A player who dies on this space is revived on this space with full HP as a Zombie. The new Zombie keeps any items but loses his gold coins.
* Zombie - MOV is divided by 2 (rounded up). Any player you pass is afflicted with Zombie. If all players and tokens have Zombie at the same time, the zombie apocalypse occurs, instantly killing all players and tokens who have HP and removing from the field those that do not.

Items / Tokens
* Bottle of Rum (upper right)
* Wall (1/3 HP; 0 ATK; 0 MOV) [Insulted Once]
* Geoff Brown (5 MOV)
* Super-Cool Guy (10/10 HP; 4 ATK; 4 MOV)
* Photographer (3 MOV)

Happenings
* Kepons lost 2 HP and gained 3 from the spaces he passed.
* rougebare ignores several space effects.
* roytheshort dives into the ocean and discovers an Unholy Temple, surrounded by graveyard soil and tortured souls.
* Lukasmah triggered a Grumpy Space.
* Lukasmah (accidentally) got a gold coin!
* Donald Trump triggered a Grumpy Space and some Agony Spaces. Basically, Trump wreaked havoc on the board, as usual.
* Donald Trump's Wall halted Mr Insult in his tracks. In retaliation, Mr Insult loudly shouted rude comments at the Wall. The Wall now has one Insult.
* The Bomb Lobber launched a bomb. No player took direct damage, but the space next to Start is on fire now.
* Rougebare is no longer an Air Bender.
* Kepons played the saxophone loudly. Everybody, including non-player tokens, can only move in one cardinal direction this turn.
* More Boa bodies disappeared, leaving our poor friend scuba Trump, who had been chasing the Boa Constructor, stranded in the ocean.

Announcements
* So yeah. I could blame the lack of updates on the Jam, but that would be lying. I've been lazy. Anyway, here's an update. I'll try to keep this game updated at least once per week from now on.

R

roytheshort

Left 2
Down 2

I sacrifice my Gavel of Justice to make a wish...
I wish there was a Genie's Lamp Space one space below the Unholy Altar

Down 1

I use the Genie's Lamp Space to go to the Altar

Now I can make as many wishes as I want, you know how I operate Merc. You can't stop me. You can only slow me down.

I wish all the ocean spaces were Skull spaces, which are very spooky. If you are on a skull space at the end of the turn you will be spooked and run onto a random non-skull space, no matter how far away it is.

I wish five skeletons appeared on the board, they have a fifty percent chance of giving you milk for calcium or spooking you to a random space on the board.

I wish a mega-skeleton space appeared. It is two by two and next to the saxophone space. Landing on it causes you to become a skeleton, giving you the power to spook people to a random place on the board.

I wish a ghost house appeared randomly somewhere, it makes ghosts.

I wish that the ghostbusters appeared, they're pretty chill and love skeletons. But they hate ghosts.

I wish all the white spaces are mythbusters spaces, landing on one causes an explosion.

I wish the mythbusters appeared, both Jamie and Adam. They hate the ghostbusters and love science. They will do random scientific things.

Wait no I can't do any of this because of the saxophone.

Down 2

R

rougebare

So much for there being nothing merc can do to stop you... when Kepons already stopped you.

Up 1. It's not like i can go any further anyway...

Roa

holy dungeon master! its kinda funny because a concept very close to this has been running through my head, a GMC "table top" style game.

ENTER

ROA THE ROAST BEAST
Thats a beef pun

he will patiantly wait for a clear view of the board

Mercerenies

Turn 11 - Stranded

Players

roytheshort - 6/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

* Bottle of Rum - This item is actually sentient. If it is in a player's inventory, it will moan and complain about how it has to help Mercerenies update WUAS. It whines so much that any space the player passes is treated as though the player landed on it.
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

Kepons - 10/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV; 1 gold coin
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

Roa - 10/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

New Effects

Items / Tokens
* Wall (1/3 HP; 0 ATK; 0 MOV) [Insulted Once]
* Geoff Brown (5 MOV)
* Super-Cool Guy (9/10 HP; 4 ATK; 4 MOV)
* Photographer (3 MOV)

Happenings
* Lukasmah picked up the Bottle of Rum.
* Roy took 3 damage total from the Agony Space and the Graveyard Soil.
* Kepons recovered 6 HP from Happy Faces.
* Donald Trump deported Donald Trump and Super-Cool Guy.
* Super-Cool Guy got burned by the fire near Start.
* The effects of Jazz have worn off.

Announcements
* Welcome to the game, Roa! If you need to know about any space or token effects, check out the official game reference or just ask me.
* Since we're likely to get some wishes this coming turn, just a reminder that wish effects (including those at the Unholy Temple) take place at the end of the turn. That means Roy's attempted wish this turn would have failed, as the Genie's Lamp would not have appeared until the end of the turn.
* Rougebare, remember that (now that Jazz is gone) you can get to the Altar this turn if you want. You would just have to drop your Boa Destructor to do so.
* I am sorry, Lukasmah. It's very inconvenient that those Boa Constructors around you disappeared and left you stranded out there.

R

roytheshort

Very well, Merc, I still have my loopholes.

Left 2
I use the Unholy Altar to make a wish, disposing one of my items.
I wish a Combo Genie's Lamp Unholy Altar appeared on the space I am on one turn ago.
(No rule against time displaced wishes, I was allowed a Time Gun a couple of games ago. So this is allowed.) (Edited, now I am no longer moving. The combo space has both powers of an Unholy Altar and a Genie's Lamp.)
I teleport to the Altar.

Time for fun. No, literally, time for fun.

I wish the ocean turned into Clocks.
I wish all the white spaces turned into Time Dilation spaces, that double your mov.
I wish that a Grandfather Clock space appeared somewhere.
I wish that several Magic Watches appeared on the floor, using these enables you to take two turns at once. They can be combined, using three magic watches can enable 3 turns and so on.
I wish that Tony the Talking Clock appeared on the board and started chasing people to scream at them.
I wish that Doctor Who appeared, sensing time shenanigans and wanted some in on it.
I wish that Doc Brown appeared in his Delorean
I wish Marty McFly appeared and he was rocking it.
I wish that a Paradox Space appeared, landing on this space creates an evil time clone of you.
I wish for a "Make Merc Say This" space, where you can add text to the updates and Merc has to say it.

I'm done.

Time for plan B. Maybe time travel isn't the answer. I can wish for many things using a singular wish, for example, I can wish for 5 Donald Trumps in one wish. Therefore...

I use the Unholy Altar to make one really long wish, disposing one of my items.

I wish the ocean turned into clocks and all the white spaces turned into Time Dilation spaces that double your mov and that a Grandfather Clock space appeared somewhere and that several Magic Watches appeared on the floor that let you take two turns at once and that Tony the Talking Clock appeared and that Doctor Who appeared and that Doc Brown appeared and that Marty McFly appeared and that a Paradox Space appeared and that a "Make Merc say This" space appeared and that a Genie's Lamp appeared one space left of the Unholy Altar.

Last edited:

Mercerenies

I take issue with your actions. No, not the time travel, that's totally within the rules. This is where the problem is:
Unholy Temple - A player who lands on this space can make a single wish
You cannot move after "landing" on a space. The rules win again. Roy loses 500 points.

Mercerenies

Hm... but by the time you made the first wish, you've already "landed on" the Unholy Temple and gotten the effects in that form. You never "landed on" the combo space, so it still won't work. In the prior games, you had the Time Machine Gun which drew spaces from the future and allowed you to exploit their possible existence in the past, but you don't have that luxury now, so the combo space ONLY exists after your wish has been evaluated, even if after your wish it existed before your wish, it didn't exist before your wish, before your wish. The timeline you used to enter the Unholy Temple space did not have a combo space in it.

Basically, here's the problem. When you make a wish in the past, you make a new timeline.

Thus, your particular version of "Roy" never landed on the combo space.

R

roytheshort

Hm... but by the time you made the first wish, you've already "landed on" the Unholy Temple and gotten the effects in that form. You never "landed on" the combo space, so it still won't work. In the prior games, you had the Time Machine Gun which drew spaces from the future and allowed you to exploit their possible existence in the past, but you don't have that luxury now, so the combo space ONLY exists after your wish has been evaluated, even if after your wish it existed before your wish, it didn't exist before your wish, before your wish. The timeline you used to enter the Unholy Temple space did not have a combo space in it.
Very well, time travel isn't the answer. Now I have changed my post and made technically one wish.

Lukasmah

Can the warship also move on water because it makes sense?

Anyway,

Down 1. At least I know what the question mark does.

Mercerenies

So you've decided not to use time travel to create seven different time-travel related characters/spaces. Well played; your wish will go through. That said, the following rule from a few games ago still applies:
- Fun fact: the absurdness and magnitude of the wish are directly proportional to the likelihood of me having a bit of fun with the interpretation.
Remembering that on the turn I declared that rule, the board also became one giant Rum Space. Let the wisher beware. :)

Can the warship also move on water because it makes sense?

Anyway,

Down 1. At least I know what the question mark does.
The warship can move on anything (except Start/Altar, since those are protected). Question marks are always items, and the items on the board are listed in the section with the tokens. Sorry about the confusion on that.

R

rougebare

I'll do as you suggest Merc, move to the alter dropping my destructor.

I wish that every token on the board be removed.

I wish for a red spring space to appear above start, and a yellow spring below it. The red and yellow springs act similarly, allowing you to jump over spaces without having passed them in one direction. The yellow spring always springs 2 in one direction. Red springs spring 5 in one dircetion, but you do not choose which direction.

EDIT: Thanks to Lukas for reminding me, I also wish for a Friendly Boa to appear, he has the same effect as the now destroyed boas, except he doesn't harm anyone he passes over.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rougebare

You removed Geoff which would help me get rid of the rum, but more importantly...

You killed the boa constructors!

THIS MEANS WAR!
You know i were unintentionally killing boa bodies thanks to a shop item right... Besides, I forgot a part of my wish, as I DID like the Boa mechanic...

R

roytheshort

You know what I liked? The Trumps deporting everyone and Mr. Insult insulting people. You killed them you heartless monster.

Lukasmah

You know i were unintentionally killing boa bodies thanks to a shop item right... Besides, I forgot a part of my wish, as I DID like the Boa mechanic...
But that doesn't change the fact that the poor boas will die. It's like killing someone's pet, replacing it and pretending that nothing happened.

Reactions: Roa

Mercerenies

All but two players have responded. I doubt SiP is coming back (since he hasn't posted since joining), but I'm going to give Roa another day or so.

Kepons

Lost The Bet
No, the white. I can understand your confusion, I was overwhelmed when the game had just started. :p

Mercerenies

Yeah, the game can definitely be pretty overwhelming. The start square is surrounded in gaps (the white area), so the only way out right now is to the left. The red angry face there would normally run away if you stepped on it, but that effect is disabled right now because of a rule saying there has to be a way off the start square safely. The fire, however, will burn you slightly when you pass it, but you'll survive. From there, you can go up, left, or down. You want to stay away from the Trump faces; if you pass one of them, you'll be "deported" back to Start. The happy face spaces heal you when you pass them, and the happy face character is harmless unless you stop on the same space as him. The black square X thing is a Trump wall and will force you to stop moving if you pass the same space as it.

Basically, for your first turn, I recommend avoiding Trump and staying on the happy green spaces.

Roa

ok then, go left 4 and up 1.

Also, you ever think of having an html5 display that players can look at, and when you hover over with a mouse, it explains the piece and what it will do? I mean, you have a site, and it looks like this is just objects in gamemaker anyways, why not take this the extra mile? I wouldn't mind helping with coding.

Last edited:
R

roytheshort

Yeah, good luck coding the effects of every single space I wish for.

Mercerenies

Turn 12 - Chaos Uncontrolled

Interactive Map

Players
roytheshort - 4/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV [Piano'd]
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

* Bottle of Rum - This item is actually sentient. If it is in a player's inventory, it will moan and complain about how it has to help Mercerenies update WUAS. It whines so much that any space the player passes is treated as though the player landed on it.
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

Mr Magnus - 9/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV; 1 gold coin
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

Kepons - 9/10 HP; 6 [+4] ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV; 1 gold coin
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

Roa - 10/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

New Effects
* Clock Space (light blue space with yellow clock) - A player who passes this space must target a single player. The target's age is accelerated by a year. With age comes wisdom but also fragility. The target gains 1 ATK but loses 1 MOV. This space cannot target a player with 1 or less MOV, nor can it target non-player tokens. If a player passes this space and no valid target exists, the Clock Space collapses into a singularity and becomes Graveyard Soil.
* Time Dilation Space (dark blue space with two yellow clocks) - A player who lands on this space has his MOV doubled.
* Grandfather Clock Space (purple space with yellow clock with mustache) - This clock wants to become younger. When a player (or token) passes it, that player gets the Grandfather status effect and the Grandfather Clock Space becomes a Clock Space.
* Grandfather - Your MOV is capped at 4. If MOV ever becomes higher than 4, it is reset to 4. You may not use the effects of Clock Spaces, nor can you be targeted by them. If you pass a Clock Space, you may choose to give up Grandfather, and the Clock Space becomes a Grandfather Clock Space. If you pass another player or token, you may choose to give them the Grandfather effect.
* Paradox Space (dark grey space with pink F/T and arrows between them) - A player who lands on this space may choose to cause a paradox. To do so, that player must forfeit 50 HP, six items, and a gold coin. A paradox will then be scheduled for the end of the next turn. If the player who caused the paradox dies on the current or the next turn, the paradox is cancelled. If the player survives, a paradox engulfs the board, killing all tokens and players, moving the Altar next to Start, and destroying all other spaces. Any gold coin spaces are left intact.
* Make Merc Say This Space (grey space with black 'MMST') - A player who lands on this space can specify a sentence or two. The next update will contain the opposite of that sentence.
* Friendly Boa Constructor Head - Moves randomly each turn, and can move freely over gaps. Will never move onto Start or the Altar. Whenever this token moves, it leaves behind a Boa Constructor Body tile. The effect of the underlying space becomes \"This space is treated as a neutral space.\" as long as this token occupies the space.
* Red Spring (red space with column of three black circles) - A player who passes this space is sent five spaces in a random cardinal direction. If possible, this space's effect will never send a player into a gap.
* Yellow Spring (yellow space with column of three black circles) - A player who passes this space can choose to leap in a chosen direction. That player is moved two spaces in that direction, bypassing the effect of the intermediate space.

Items / Tokens
* Boa Destructor
* Friendly Boa Constructor Head (3 MOV)

Happenings
* Kepons got two Sliceum Sabres and took one damage from an Agony Space.
* roytheshort took 2 damage from the graveyard.
* Mr Magnus had an eventful turn, getting a Sliceum Sabre, healing 3 HP, getting deported, and then voluntarily stepping into a fire.
* Roa took damage from the fire but then several Happy Faces hugged him and made it better.
* The fire near Start has faded away.
* Trump made several Happy Faces Grumpy.
* Roy sacrificed an item and got a very long wish.
* The ocean became Clock Spaces.
* The gaps became Time Dilation Spaces.
* A Grandfather Clock Space appeared. It wants to stop being a Grandfather and will happily pass on the responsibility to anyone who approaches it.
* Several Magic Watches, Tony the Talking Clock, Doctor Who, Doc Brown, and Marty McFly appeared. Doesn't matter much since they're about to be painfully wished out of existence.
* A Paradox Space appeared. But since Roy's final version of the wish didn't specify its effect, he didn't get quite what he was asking for.
* A Make Merc Say This Space appeared, which makes Merc say the opposite of whatever you tell him. Roy should really remember that only the final version of his wish counts.
* A Genie's Lamp appeared one space to the left of the Unholy Temple.
* A piano fell on Roy's head since he didn't wish for one not to fall on his head.
* rougebare brutally murdered all tokens.
* A pair of springs appeared.

Announcements
* Worth noting, in case it's unclear, that Kepons' Sliceum Sabres will both trigger next time he's in combat, giving him 6 ATK but destroying them both.
* I went back and forth on whether or not the Clock Space was fair, since the lowering MOV was really what killed the WUAS game with the evil clowns, but I figure it's okay here since Roy also spawned in so many spaces that bolster MOV.
* Yeah, so Grumpy Faces are pretty safe right now. There are no gaps for them to warp to, and they won't warp off the map.
* Yes, the Paradox Space is overpowered. Yes, it's also hard to trigger. But if someone does trigger it, it's effect can be cancelled by killing that player.
* This turn was very busy. Apologies in advance for any small errors.
* At Roa's suggestion, I've made a very crude, probably horribly broken interactive game board. The link is available below the image in this post. And honestly, it couldn't have come at a better time; the board is particularly busy right now.

R

roytheshort

Left 1
I use the Genie's Lamp to go to the Altar.

I wish that a Stairway appeared one space left of start, this takes you to another board, which has a set of stairs you can use to get back. There is now a Y axis to this game.

I wish a Genie's Lamp space appeared one space right of the space Lukasmah is on.

I wish several Normality Blasters appeared, these are items you can use on every space in a 2 space radius around you. It converts any spaces into more boring spaces which are easily to understand until they do nothing.

I wish several Line Pasters were created, a Line Paster lets you rewrite all the spaces in one cardinal direction to be one space that you want.

I wish an Insane Tony the Talking Clock appeared, since he experienced not existing.

I wish some of the Clocks are replaced by Genie Clock spaces. Genie Clock spaces let you change ANYONE'S Mov to whatever you want.

I wish that several Angry Baseball Batters appeared, they are the very personification of Merc's anger. They will move towards and beat to a pulp whoever is pissing him off right now.