Android Does GMS2 support reward video ads?

D

ddabrahim

Hi.

I'm looking for a tool/engine/framework that does support reward video ads out of the box.
The home page does mention Game Maker Studio 2 does support advertising but then in the online manual I find nothing about it how to implement an ad in to a GMS2 game. I searched online and the forum and I also find no tutorials about it, and the ones I find pointing at the marketplace to check if there is an extension to implement ads. I searched the marketplace and found nothing that support reward video ads.
So I decided to register on the forum and ask.

Does Game Maker Studio 2 Android, iOS and UWP support reward video ads out of the box? If yes, is there any documentation about it? The reason I'm asking because I do consider to purchase GMS2 but only if does support reward video ads.

Thanks in advance.

rIKmAN

Does Game Maker Studio 2 Android, iOS and UWP support reward video ads out of the box? If yes, is there any documentation about it? The reason I'm asking because I do consider to purchase GMS2 but only if does support reward video ads.

Thanks in advance.
Not out the box, but there are extensions on the marketplace which support them.

rIKmAN

The YoYo Games GooglePlayServices extension offers Google Admob for Android and iOS devices for free. For UWP, I am unsure whether this extension works as well, but I guess it doesn't. Perhaps someone can confirm?

Documentation on the topic is pretty poor, but it works well once you grasp the code
Ah, I didn't realise they had updated it to support Rewarded Video Ads otherwise I'd have suggested it.
They usually don't bother with things that can be plugged by using MP extensions.

Thanks for the info.

D

ddabrahim

Thanks a lot. I haven't noticed the GooglePlayServices extension does actually include Reward Video ads too. This is great.

Stephane

I'm curious how this works out for you. We're having problems with our reward ads being played on Android. We're using a custom AdMob extension for mediation with both rewards ads and video ads.

D

ddabrahim

So the extension doesn't work after all or only some versions of Android effected?
Does YoYo Games know about the problem and working on it or it is a "you are out of luck" sort of thing if you are effected?

Appsurd

I'm curious how this works out for you. We're having problems with our reward ads being played on Android. We're using a custom AdMob extension for mediation with both rewards ads and video ads.
I don't know anything about custom extensions, so they might be more/less updated than YoYo's.
Unfortunately can't produce some sample code right now, as me teammate wrote it and contacting him atm is hard, will maybe followup later on the issue..

So the extension doesn't work after all or only some versions of Android effected?
Does YoYo Games know about the problem and working on it or it is a "you are out of luck" sort of thing if you are effected?
Just received a reply from YoYo. They are aware of the problems and will solve it in the future. Not quite what I hoped for, but it's something, hopefully it won't take too long

Genetix

I use MoPub, I'd like to see if there is any plan to support Reward Ads there ins GMS2 as well - that would be a big boost for continued development!