Buying A Nintendo Switch

MissingNo.

So I really want to buy a Switch in preparation for Smash bros Ultimate coming in December
but all the issues I have heard of have me wondering if I'm buying a ticking time bomb.

So my question is, were these issues just the result of many defective launch day units?
Or are these issues still a problem even with a newly bought system?

Also I heard there may be an announcement for a stronger version of the switch coming next year
but I'm not at all concerned about that. I just want to know if buying a base switch is going
to last.

Last edited:
Yeah not totally sure what you're talking about with issues. Only thing I remember was first launch ones had a few joycons with slight connectivity issues. But that's since been resolved, and if there's an issue they'll fix it for you.

My Switch has been fine. My left joycon has a slightly messed up joystick, which is a little annoying but I'm just too lazy mail for repair. (I've been using it for like, 18 months now). The console itself is quite satisfactory.

My screen-protector on the other hand... but there's a screen protector for a reason.

EDIT: Not to mention... if you DON'T buy a switch, you'll NEVER GET TO PLAY SMASH ULTIMATE! And that is a true travesty.

Last edited:
M

Misu

Dont listen to those sony fan scumbags; they are decieving you with false reports.
* on a serious note after *
All those articles you seen that talked about issues with the Switch are less likely to happen at all. Its just one of those 1 in a 100000 chances. My brother owns a switch and its doing pretty well for over a year now. It even survived hurricane Maria. It was our main source of entertainment for the rest of the 4 months aftermath. Clearly saved our lives from boredom. You should never hesitate on taking this device; its best.

MissingNo.

Sorry for the lack of information everyone, I falsely assumed the issues I was talking about was common knowledge.
During the first year it was launched, there were reports from various sources about issues such as bending/cracking of the unit
and various joycon issues.

Here is a article that lists the majority of them for anyone who is curious:
https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/common-nintendo-switch-problems-and-how-to-fix-them/

Have all 3 of you used the Switch heavily? For long stretches at a time and for many combined hours?
Also Can the 3 of you confirm that your Switch is not bent? It may not be easily visible so to test it simply get a ruler or a similarly flat object and
place it over top of the Switch and you will be able to tell if it is.

Not to mention... if you DON'T buy a switch, you'll NEVER GET TO PLAY SMASH ULTIMATE! And that is a true travesty.
hahaha ain't that the truth? Although don't get me wrong I will DEFINITELY get one eventually. If I don't get one soon it would be when they release a new model.
From the reports you guys are giving it sounds pretty alright.

All those articles you seen that talked about issues with the Switch are less likely to happen at all. Its just one of those 1 in a 100000 chances.
This is what I was hoping for but the bending issue just kept popping up in the news even with Youtube personalities I watch and respect. And it's a pretty serious issue to have to keep
hearing about. I'm usually pretty confident in Nintendo and Sony products because for the most part their stuff seems built to last.

Last edited:
No, I read about those when the Switch came out and I was considering buying one.

All I can say is, don't go throwing your switch unprotected into a backpack and go for a two mile jog. Buy a case and a screen protector like you would with any electronic and you're going to be 100% A-Okay. The Switch is perfectly durable aside from the occasional manufacturing defect which is extremely rare, (and common to anything you could buy).

Almost 20 million Switches have been sold. Trust me, there's no wide-spread issues or there would be global protests.

MissingNo.

All I can say is, don't go throwing your switch unprotected into a backpack and go for a two mile jog. Buy a case and a screen protector like you would with any electronic and you're going to be 100% A-Okay.
Well I don't plan on using it as a portable system but I will get the protections for it.

The Switch is perfectly durable aside from the occasional manufacturing defect which is extremely rare
Well it might be psychically durable but nobody has yet seen if it is durable enough to last because It hasn't been on the market for very long. In my experience the first models
of a console are usually the most prone to failure. The PS3, Xbox360 and even the Original PS1 had numerous issues with their first model.
And I'm not necessarily talking firmware. I normally wait until a console receives a new model so I can have the latest and greatest but Smash is too
tempting plus I'm not sure if I will use my Switch much anyways aside from Smash and Breath of the Wild so I might just risk it.

I've had my Switch since some time in last November, I believe. I've poured over 200 hours into Breath of the Wild, 190 of those being docked where the Switch is really being pushed, on top of the dozens of hours in Skyrim and Super Mario Odyssey in both handheld mode and docked, and my Switch is still running strong with no bends or issues. On average, I was spending anywhere from 5-12 hours a session with Zelda. What you were seeing were just typical launch issues. The PS4 controllers had terrible rubber issues with the thumbsticks on launch, but any controller you may have purchased within the last 4 years would have been absolutely flawless. There shouldn't be anything stopping you from getting a Switch, besides waiting for some potential redesign.

MissingNo.

There shouldn't be anything stopping you from getting a Switch
I think you are right, but I'm just being cautious. All this feedback is great.

besides waiting for some potential redesign.
Well it's not really a "potential" It's basically guaranteed to happen, at least if you look at history. PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Wii, Gameboy, DS, 3DS
and I'm sure many more got new models, sometimes even multiple new ones. Now I understand that the difference is usually just tweaks to stabilize
the hardware or make the unit smaller.

The way it's looking, the Switch will most likely get a more powerful unit because they will want to follow in Sony and Microsoft's footsteps. Nothing has been confirmed
yet but it's likely the Switch will get a power upgrade. But I don't really care about that because I won't probably use my Switch much aside from a few big games, and
Nintendo games typically look good enough as it is.

Last edited:
M

Misty

I want to buy a Switch, its just that...the thing that usually drives me to buy a console is a new Mario Kart or new Metroid Prime. Sadly, Mario Kart 8 is the same game as before, just a minor re-port of the Wii U version. And there is no new Metroid Prime on it either. Smash Wii U really sucked though. It was like cancer. The definition of cancer is a mutation in the body that drains the body of its health. And the thing about cancer is the body's immune system cannot detect its there, it just looks like a normal regular part of the body. And that is like Smash Wii U. It looks like a regular, normal Smash game. You can't pinpoint exactly what's wrong with it, except for the bad online and lack of campaign. But there is something just off, that sucks out your soul when you play. And this is representative of the worldyness of the game industry as a whole.

So, I may buy a Switch, for Smash Bros Ultimate but that's all. If Smash Bros Ultimate still has no campaign and laggy, unplayable online, I'm done. Let's see. No new metroid primes, instead a kiddie Mcdonalds Galatic Federation kids game. Smash Wii U sucks. Mario Kart 8 has worse physics than Double Dash, mario kart wii, mario kart 3ds, or mario kart 64. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a lazy report of the original, with only a couple new battle mode levels. Looks like someone needs an energy boost or a coaches huddle/motivational speech. You can do it Nintendo. Nintendo, Reggie Reg...I'm counting on you.

MissingNo.

Smash Wii U really sucked though. It was like cancer. The definition of cancer is a mutation in the body that drains the body of its health.
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree, Smash Wii U was in my opinion the best Smash to date, sure there were things that I didn't like but overall it was a solid product.
And so far in my opinion there has never been a bad Smash.

Sakurai with every smash works his hands to the bone making them and it shows. He damn near killed himself making Smash Wii U.
So I see and appreciate the amount of quality content he has put in to these games.

Sadly, Mario Kart 8 is the same game as before, just a minor re-port of the Wii U version.
I never played a Mario Kart game but I have no idea why this bothers people so much, the Wii U didn't sell well it only makes sense that
they would want to port the game over to the Switch to reach a wider install base. From what I hear the game deserves to be played, not be some
forgotten relic on a undersold console.

Also this is me being nitpicky but its not a "re-port" it's just a port. Unless you are mashing the words remake and port together then I see what you mean.

If Smash Bros Ultimate still has no campaign and laggy, unplayable online, I'm done.
Personally I would not be too bothered if there was no campaign in Ultimate, I mean I think people just are blinded by nostalgia when it comes
to Subspace Emissary, sure it had cool cgi cutscenes and a cool final boss "Tabuu" but other than that, at best the mode was good ish at worst it was
garbage and overall it was just really ehhhhh. Now Melee's campaign was pretty cool. If they expand more upon the Melee style campaign then that
will be awesome but if Ultimate has no campaign it won't bother me the slightest, Smash Wii U had plenty of single player content that I never felt
like the game was hollow.

As far as the online I never had any issue with it, in the 100 or so matches I had online it always ran smooth and never disconnected.
But even if Ultimates online mode was terrible I could care less because online is not a selling point to me in a Smash game.

No new metroid primes
You do know that Metroid Prime 4 is on its way for Switch right?

kiddie Mcdonalds Galatic Federation kids game
I might be mistaken but I thought that game came out for 3DS...

Reggie Reg...I'm counting on you.
I'm not sure who exactly you are talking about but if you are talking about "Reggie Fils-Aimé" he won't be able to improve Mario Kart
in any way because he does not oversee development of the games, he is president of Nintendo America not Japan.

@MissingNo. just so you know how tough a Switch really is...
Well obviously it shows the switch is a terrible product because the one joycon broke.
0/10 worst product ever.:p

But in all seriousness the problem I was worried about was the Switch bending due to overheating
but after what you guys have reported with personal experience it seems the issue was just a few
defective launch units or an overall rare issue.

Last edited:
@MissingNo.
I agree that Smash 4 was the best so far, they do seem to get better each iteration. And that Smash Ultimate roster... I am so happy.

You have a great point about Mario Kart 8 and the Wii U in general. That seems to be the general consensus for why they ported it, and it is a great idea. Gives people who missed out tje first time to try it out whilst also giving the Switch a solid multiplayer title near launch.

Federation Force was indeed a 3DS game, and it was a fantastic multiplayer experience. I had my doubts at first but after a mission or two online with friends, I was blown away by how much fun it actually was. One of the better co-op shooters I have ever played. With an emphasis on co-op.

P

Psychoneiric Studios

I bought mine on launch day and the only issue I had was the R button not responding properly sometimes, but it was just a bent spring and it was easy to fix. I assume newer models might not have this problem.
Besides that, I love my switch and would definitely recommend buying one.

MissingNo.

I agree that Smash 4 was the best so far, they do seem to get better each iteration.
And I never played the original Nintendo 64 Smash but I imagine if the other Smashes didn't exist or if I was a kid the original would be a blast to play.
So yeah Smash has a pretty damn good track record as far as I'm concerned. Even if someone could manage to somehow find one of the Smashes to be
a bad game you can't deny the man behind them "Masahiro Sakurai" busts his ass to deliver a good product.

And that Smash Ultimate roster... I am so happy.
I was sold as soon as they said "Everyone is coming back" but when they announced the others like Ridley, Dark Samus, Chrom, King K Rool, Simon and the others.
I was just so shocked.... I mean way before Ultimate was announced I kept thinking to myself "wouldn't it be cool if they brought everybody back?"
And when they ended up doing just that my jaw dropped to the floor.

That seems to be the general consensus for why they ported it, and it is a great idea.
Yeah I mean honestly I'm not too opposed to ports in general, I mean usually it's a good thing. I mean 9 times out of 10 ports are better
then the original version, you get better visuals, sometimes you get new content, sometimes bug fixes are made. A lot of the time
you get higher FPS like 60 as opposed to 30. And the game gets more exposure.

Nintendo made the product, they have every right to sell it again. It's not like Nintendo ported Mario Kart 8 and then said "Let's name it Mario Kart 9" If they did
that then that would be scummy. But they didn't, it was honest and transparent.

Last edited:
Smash 64 was so weird when it came out, I didn't understand why they had you knocking players off the edge instead of giving them health. But I had a blast once I got the hang of it and became a god as Fox, untouchable, it was majestic. Then melee came out and changed so much, I could never get the hang of the changes but I still enjoyed playing it.

M

Misty

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree, Smash Wii U was in my opinion the best Smash to date, sure there were things that I didn't like but overall it was a solid product.
And so far in my opinion there has never been a bad Smash.

Sakurai with every smash works his hands to the bone making them and it shows. He damn near killed himself making Smash Wii U.
So I see and appreciate the amount of quality content he has put in to these games.
My advice is, work smarter not harder. Quality not quantity. Is it really necessary to put in every idea that randomly pops in your head?

I never played a Mario Kart game but I have no idea why this bothers people so much, the Wii U didn't sell well it only makes sense that
they would want to port the game over to the Switch to reach a wider install base. From what I hear the game deserves to be played, not be some
forgotten relic on a undersold console.
You aren't Nintendo's target audience, you aren't even a Mario Kart fan. Games should cater to the people who actually play them.

Also, it would increase sales of the Wii U if there were two separate mario kart games. If people want to play the game, then they need to buy the Wii U.

Personally I would not be too bothered if there was no campaign in Ultimate, I mean I think people just are blinded by nostalgia when it comes
to Subspace Emissary, sure it had cool cgi cutscenes and a cool final boss "Tabuu" but other than that, at best the mode was good ish at worst it was
garbage and overall it was just really ehhhhh. Now Melee's campaign was pretty cool. If they expand more upon the Melee style campaign then that
will be awesome but if Ultimate has no campaign it won't bother me the slightest, Smash Wii U had plenty of single player content that I never felt
like the game was hollow.
The game felt hollow like Forza Horizons. And I'm cool with either a melee or brawl style campaign.
But get rid of the watered down McDonalds floaty kiddie physics.

Your next argument is to say we need to cater to 4 year olds. Well the news is Mario is a game for adults. 4 year olds cannot get good at Mario.
Mario was always meant for adults, that is why in Super Mario Kart Peach and Bowser drinks booze. Rainbow Road looks like a seedy love hotel on purpose. Then they watered it down and made it all kiddie. Nintendo tried to make a business out of seedy love hotels but didn't have enough money. Mario is an adult game about hard drugs. It is a ripoff of Alice in Wonderland, which is a book about hard drugs, which is a book for both kids and adults.

Mario Kart 8 may seem like a kids game but it's not. It is one of the hardest Mario Kart's to drive because of the bad unrealistic physics. Little kids cannot compete with grown adults at the game.

As far as the online I never had any issue with it, in the 100 or so matches I had online it always ran smooth and never disconnected.
But even if Ultimates online mode was terrible I could care less because online is not a selling point to me in a Smash game.
Maybe the netcode gets sensitive only on certain connection modes. All I know is I play Mario Kart 8 with 12 foreign Japanese and Europeans with no lag, but Smash constantly freezes up the game and lags unplayable on a 1 on 1 local in my country. By unplayable I mean the lag is so bad and so frustrating that you want to throw your controller at a window.

You do know that Metroid Prime 4 is on its way for Switch right?
Good but I don't have my hopes up, it may be watered down just like everything else.

I might be mistaken but I thought that game came out for 3DS...
I think it did and from the videos it looked meh, kiddie and watered down just like everything else.

I'm not sure who exactly you are talking about but if you are talking about "Reggie Fils-Aimé" he won't be able to improve Mario Kart
in any way because he does not oversee development of the games, he is president of Nintendo America not Japan.
I'm sure he has some say in it.

FYI Smash Wii U is the worst Smash and kiddie and watered down. The gameplay is floaty just like Brawl. I am not saying that people have to be a smash legend and learn to wavedash. I don't believe in people becoming that elitist. I believe in a properly balanced and fun game.

Also, games make up the fabric of friendship of society. My friend told me once that friends are made by 2 things: Weed and games. Without compelling games with local multiplayer you find the trends we are having today. Increasingly isolated societies with negative social outlooks and interactions. Smash Wii U and Mario Kart 8 aligns with those trends. Mario Kart 8 does have splitscreen, but the watered down physics just does not have what it takes to make it over the top and fuel that hype factor. When my friend told me he didn't want to play Mario Kart 8 with me, I felt it needed to be addressed. That something was deeply wrong with this world and that we were living in dark depressing times. And when I went to my friends house there were no games we were hyped for to play. And you wonder why society is falling apart. You can hide your head in the sand and pretend that Smash Wii U is the greatest smash, but it is what it is.

Last edited:

Bearman_18

Fruit Stand Deadbeat
Let's not forget all the good software that is or will be on the switch: Octopath is fun. Overcooked is fun (if you like stress and anxiety in a game. Which I do.) Blazblue cross tag battle is insanely fun (Noel and yang are my mains). Skyrim, Mario oddesey (can someone tell me how to spell that?), Botw, ssb5, etc, etc, etc. The Switch is shaping up to be one of the greats. I do hate those puny controllers, but the PowerA ones are great and unexpensive.

MissingNo.

My advice is, work smarter not harder. Quality not quantity. Is it really necessary to put in every idea that randomly pops in your head?
I agree but I will say I think he managed the best of both worlds you make it sound like Smash 4 is a mismash of random ideas that randomly popped into
his head. Like a incoherent mess. But I feel mostly everything that was put in was very polished and didn't feel out of place.

I'm sure if we did a poll even right here on this very forum most would agree that at the very least Smash 4 is a quality product.
But yes that does not invalidate your opinion, you are allowed to not like Smash Wii U.

But it sounds like you expect Nintendo or Sakurai, to cater to a vocal minority who do not like Smash 4.

You aren't Nintendo's target audience, you aren't even a Mario Kart fan. Games should cater to the people who actually play them.
It doesn't matter if I played it or not, ports in general are not a problem, no one is forcing you to buy it and in my response to Jackal I said it's not
like Nintendo put a few extra bits of content in and said to themselves "Let's name it Mario Kart 9" and then sell it on Switch.
Nintendo has done a lot of đź’©đź’©đź’©đź’©ty things and this is not one of them.

Also in my response to Jackal I said that Nintendo made Mario Kart therefore they have the right to sell it as many times they want.
People will vote with their wallets on what they want.

Also, it would increase sales of the Wii U if there were two separate mario kart games. If people want to play the game, then they need to buy the Wii U.
Ummmm.... The Wii U was discontinued in 2017. So you want Nintendo to encourage people to buy a game to increase sales for a console
that is not even being manufactured anymore? Now is good a time as any to port Wii U games.

Source:
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wii-u-production-ends-worldwide/1100-6447419/

If you don't like the source you can always google it and find many places confirming the Wii U is no longer being manufactured.

Your next argument is to say we need to cater to 4 year olds.
Excuse me? When did I ever imply that I would make an argument for Nintendo to cater to 4 year olds?

I mean the lag is so bad and so frustrating that you want to throw your controller at a window.
I can agree that something like that would be infuriating.

FYI Smash Wii U is the worst Smash and kiddie and watered down.
Yes we get it, you don't like Smash Wii U but saying "FYI Smash Wii U is the worst Smash" Does not make it a fact.

The gameplay is floaty just like Brawl.
I have played Brawl for a number of years and I remember upon playing Wii U I had to re adjust to the the gameplay feel.
But even if they are similar so what? The things I look for are balance and fun factor. And Smash Wii U delivered that for me.
I don't care about physics, the only time I care about physics is if I'm playing something like Beamng Drive or Besiege.
But with Smash I don't want realistic fighting simulator 2019.

I am not saying that people have to be a smash legend and learn to wavedash. I don't believe in people becoming that elitist. I believe in a properly balanced and fun game.
I agree with this, but in my opinion Smash Wii U accomplished that.

You can hide your head in the sand and pretend that Smash Wii U is the greatest smash, but it is what it is.
I am allowed to feel that way just as you are allowed to find Smash Wii U a terrible game.
You act like I'm blindly voting for a presidential candidate or something, it's just a game.

Now I don't mind continuing this discussion with you but if you insult me again I will not respond to what you have to say.
If I have said anything that seems like I insulted you then I apologize but I'm not going to take you seriously if you
keep insulting me. You are old enough to know better. I will respect you and I expect you to respect me.

Anyway, Switch is a very worthy purchase. It has an amazing catalogue of games and ports, in fact, Nintendo have down a fantastic job of spacing out releases and having a constant stream of quality games, and the portability is a wonderful addition. The only real downside at the moment is you have to pay for online and it's not really the *best* online. That said, it's mostly still pretty great and without problems, just the occasionally laggy game, more so with randoms, I always have great matches with friends.
I've been playing a *bunch* of Super Mario Party and itnis lovely, and then Dark Souls remastered comes out next week. So excited.

MissingNo.

It has an amazing catalogue of games and ports
That's great although I'm not worried about the ports because I already have several other systems and a gaming pc.

Nintendo have down a fantastic job of spacing out releases and having a constant stream of quality games
That's good however Smash Ultimate and Breath of the Wild had me sold already.:D Only reason I don't already have one is because of the issues I was hearing about.
So originally I was going to wait till a new model was released but I didn't want to do that because of Smash Ultimate coming out soon.

But from what you guys have been reporting everything sounds really good.

The only real downside at the moment is you have to pay for online and it's not really the *best* online.
Well I won't have to worry about that because I'm a bit old school so I don't tend to play online. I mostly play single player or couch multiplayer.

Plus I have enough bills to pay.:p

and then Dark Souls remastered comes out next week. So excited.
I really need to try Dark Souls, I never played it although I did play the second one and enjoyed it. I was going to buy Dark Souls Remastered
for my pc but I never got around to it. There is just so many great games to play its nuts. I'm never bored.

M

Misu

Ok... Just want to mention that this thread already provided enough information to cover the doubt about the Switch's hardware issue so this whole concern thing is starting to feel like an intentional topic stall.

The answer: base on a majority amount of users who own Switch or have experience with it in this forum (confirmed their posts in this thread) can confirm that the hardware issues mostly does not happen at all. No reason to grow concern. Its gonna work fine.
Its probably an older hardware model from the first month of its release that were shipped to only very few places on this planet (probably not for your area). They have upgraded their model by the time (believe it or not) so most of these issues have already been resolved.

Also not to mention that Misty is trying to use this thread to post his rants on game criticism instead of maintaining in the actual topic. In this case I feel more trigger to report all this and put an end.

Sorry everyone

MissingNo.

so this whole concern thing is starting to feel like an intentional topic stall.
I might be misunderstanding you but are you saying I'm trying to stall the topic or drag it out? I'm just responding to the posts
that come in, not trying to cause problems. Although I do admit I did go off topic a few times but It was just friendly conversation.
And this is the Off topic forum.

But yeah I already admitted a few posts ago that I had the information I need.

If I'm not understanding properly what you are trying to say then I apologize.

Yo, Switch is great, buy one. Those articles about problems at launch were a load of sensationalist trash. Like five people reported bent systems or scratched screens, and the gaming media jumped on those juicy headlines and pretended the Switch had constant problems for their clicks. You notice there haven't been any articles like that in over a year, right?

Got the Switch launch day. Breath of the Wild was played for like twelve hours a day docked for a month straight (by different people, lol). Absolutely no problems.

My buddy had the left joycon problem at launch. He sent it in to Nintendo, and he had a new one back in like three days.

Nintendo games, build quality, and customer service have been stellar for over thirty years. Jump on board and play Mario and Zelda while you wait for Smash!

MissingNo.

Got the Switch launch day. Breath of the Wild was played for like twelve hours a day docked for a month straight (by different people, lol). Absolutely no problems.
Thank you for the additional feedback, it's making the decision an easy one.

You notice there haven't been any articles like that in over a year, right?
Yeah but I wanted to be careful especially because the first models of different consoles have a history of having problems.

Nintendo games, build quality, and customer service have been stellar for over thirty years.
Yeah that is one thing I like about Nintendo, any products I get form them last. In fact every single Sony and Nintendo product I bought between now and
when I was 16 is still around.

Also dealing with their phone customer service is a breeze when I had to do it.

Jump on board and play Mario and Zelda while you wait for Smash!
To be fair I already have a crap ton of games to play until Smash releases.:D I'm never bored, I can't keep up.:p

Sony quality is world class too, yeah.
I could've just said "Japan quality is world class" and been done with it, but I wanted to be specific, hahah. Even among Japanese companies, Nintendo (and Sony, yeah) shine. I have all my original consoles from both companies going back thirty years now, with tons of play time on all of them. All still going strong. Built like tanks! =D

N

nlolotte

I am a launch day Switch owner. So far I have sagging-loose joycons, dock scratches on my glass screen protector (and I've done the felt dock strips mod), issues with my left joy con sometimes not syncing properly and most importantly; my SD card slot doesn't work.. At all. I only realised this halfway into the console's life when purchasing my tenth game I had no space to install it so I popped an SD card in and was greeted with an error message. Tried a few others to no avail. Tried them on all my pal's switches and first time, it worked fine.

I have contacted Nintendo and they are happy to fix it at my expense of postage and time so I'm just going to buy a new console and give this one to my girlfriend.

These issues have mostly been rectified now though (minus the dock scratches) so you should be safe to buy one. I'm not trying to put you off or anyting, just telling you my experiences. I love my switch, it's great for those obscure games you just dont get on Sony and Microsoft platforms.

All launch consoles come with thier flaws :)

Edit: I played and won a Smash Bros tournament at some gaming festival here in the Uk and it's AWESOME! It's worth the purchase of a switch alone. Smash bros on the go, what a time to be alive!

I have no idea how people scratch the screen from the dock. At first I was really careful docking my switch but now I basically throw it from half thr room away. Hell, I've let my 3 year old nephew try and dock it for me a few times and despite his fumbling, not a single scratch yet(also I have no screen protector)

I have no idea how people scratch the screen from the dock. At first I was really careful docking my switch but now I basically throw it from half thr room away. Hell, I've let my 3 year old nephew try and dock it for me a few times and despite his fumbling, not a single scratch yet(also I have no screen protector)
Same here...zero problems with screen scratching. My coworker or nephew either. All launch systems.

N

nlolotte

They are at a cost probably similar to the Xbox and PS4 license. I also think Nintendo needs to approve your game.

M

Misty

They are at a cost probably similar to the Xbox and PS4 license. I also think Nintendo needs to approve your game.
Judging from the quality of games in the Wii U shop, I don't think there is any kind of vetting process. Unless the switch is different.