• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Paste transparent image

Jorg Gjer

Hi.
If i have a transparent image and paste it into image editor , there is no more transparrent.
Is there a way to paste transparent images , or load them with transparent?

Is it possible at all ?

Greeting

D

Deleted member 13992

I don't think Windows clipboard supports alpha channels.

Got more details? From what? Photoshop? By transparent, you do mean a 32bit image with a 4th channel (the alpha channel)? Or is it Photoshop layer transparency?

Jorg Gjer

Photoshop is what I usually make the copy from. I'm willing to copy via some other program\tool , just to be able to do it.

D

Deleted member 13992

Photoshop is what I usually make the copy from. I'm willing to copy via some other program\tool , just to be able to do it.
What I mean that whenever you copy an image from one program to another, it has to go through Windows. And I'm 99% sure Windows clipboard doesn't support alpha channels. Or rather, from what I'm reading, there exists no clipboard standard for alpha channels that programs can agree on.

What's wrong with exporting as a PNG from Photoshop and importing it in the GMS image editor? PNGs support alphas natively. I have no issues doing it that way. That should be an easy fix to your problem. Safer too, since you have a hard backup of your image. Not some ghost of it in clipboard.